Monday, January 7, 2013

One Bathroom, Three Kids and Petshops...Nuff Said There

This evening I was on the phone with a friend of mine, who I haven't talked to in ages.

She is trying to tell me about her dinner with her man and the rude customer in the restaurant, when all of a sudden my oldest twin is screaming "Mommmmmmmmmmmmmm!" from the bathroom. I come out of my room and head into the bathroom where I find my youngest twin and my daughter staring at me with that "deer in the headlights" look and all my daughter's pet shop animals are lined up across the counter top. I look to the left and the sink is filled with water.

My oldest twin is sitting on the toilet.

I tell my daughter and her brother to take their playing to my bathroom. I don't know really who was there first, and to be quite honest my oldest twin had won this battle in my opinion but I said to him anyway, "Why don't you use my bathroom?"

"I already started going mom!"

Oh Dear.

So I look at my daughter and my son and I say to them, "Just go in my room and use the sink in there."

"But mommmmmm, we can't fill the sink in your bathroom."

It doesn't work, hasn't since I moved in here.

"Can't we just stay HERE!"

*My friend, by the way, is laughing hysterically on the other end of the line*

I told them that they had to leave because the oldest was not able to.

The youngest twin huffed and puffed as my daughter collected all her fifteen-plus Pet Shop Animals and placed them in the container.

Next thing I know my son is asking me if they could fill the tub.

You're kidding...right?, I'm thinking to myself.

I wish I was.

So I tell him, "Fine, fill the tub a little bit and you can play in the tub for about ten minutes." They needed baths soon anyway, so I figured why not.

*At this point I had hung up with my friend*

So my daughter is looking for a pair of shorts to wear, and my son is now removing his shorts and hiking up his underwear. Why he did that I have no clue.

But it was hilarious nonetheless.

I'm sitting here on my computer twiddling around on my blog when I hear tons of splashing going on.  I knew I didn't want to go in there...but I did.

And what to my wandering eyes should appear?  A whole puddle of water atop my floor.

"What did you doooooooooo?!", I exclaimed.


Again the deer in the headlights look from just my daughter this time.

The bottom of my daughter's shorts are soaked, and my son's underwear is no better.

I told them it was time to get out and take their baths but first they needed to clean up the mess.

There were Pet Shops and also Angry Birds all over the side of the tub, in the tub and on my floor. My shampoo bottles were knocked over and water was everywhere.

It looked like Noah and his friends on the ark had come to play too.

Anyway, the kids all took their baths and showers and are all now safely tucked in their beds.  It's 10 p.m. and I myself wish I could take a shower now.

But after all that happened in the past 45 minutes, I just don't have the energy to do much of anything.

I just barely had the energy to post this blog for the night.





1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Lmao!! Your kids are just so hilarious! Would love to have seen it all:-)