Sunday, January 6, 2013

Like a Fish Out of Water

New Age Comments & Graphics

I wish this were me.

Sitting on a boulder at a beach, anywhere, just being.

I miss the water so much.  I long for the day when I can finally be rid of this ugly city and return home for good.  A desert rat I am not. It's funny because I cannot swim, yet I love the water. I love the sound of waves crashing upon the shore. I love the feel of it and the wet sand between my toes. I love hearing the seagulls and feeling the cool, gentle lake breeze. I'm an Aquarian, so maybe that has something to do with it. Or maybe it's just the simple fact that water is so refreshing.

I just can't relax here.

I feel out of my environment.

Kind of like a fish out of water....literally.

I miss snow and rain and humidity. I don't care if it weighs down my hair, at least it doesn't dry it out.

To be at peace, and knowing that even when times are tough, to have the water to go to and recharge would be the best thing ever in my little world.

I wonder how many other people are fish out of water.  

I wonder how many others wish they were somewhere else than where they are right now.

Where is your pond? What makes you happy? Where would you like to be right now, in this very moment?


No comments: