Saturday, February 8, 2014

Positivity and Giving Thanks

I'm back.

I was sitting here watching TV and caught the last half hour of that movie "You've Got Mail". Cute movie, old movie, one of the classic romantic comedies of the 90's. It was the 90's I think.

I opened up my Smirnoff Cherry Lemonade frozen thingy. It's quite tasty and after this blog I'm heading to bed. I knew it would make me tired, because I'm a lightweight and I don't drink but maybe two times a year. I use to have Margarita weekend birthdays, but  I stopped those about 3 years ago. Probably because my birthday hasn't been on a weekend.

I've been having such introspective thoughts this evening, even more so after opening my frozen drink.


**************************


New Age Comments & Graphics


I've been busy studying Buddhism. I find their philosophy very intriguing. They have a positive spin on even the most dire of circumstances. I like it. It's refreshing. I have adapted some of Buddhist teachings in my own life. I do a meditation every morning that a friend of mine told me about. And if I can't do it in the morning, I chant it to myself at work, or do it in the evening.  I try to stay positive no matter what happens. I give thanks for every little thing. I try to keep peace about me no matter what happens in my day.

For instance, without going into detail there was a situation with someone me and a friend of mine had to deal with. Normally, I would have gossiped and talked ill of this person out of sheer frustration. Instead, I told my friend that I had listened to my meditation music and nothing was going to ruin my day. Not even this person's negative attitude. She stormed out of the room we were in and slammed the door behind her. I wasn't going to let her mood control mine. I understood her frustration, and while it wasn't warranted in the moment, she went her way and I continued with my day.

End of story.

There is also another person I deal with frequently. An "acquaintance" of sorts. This person use to get to me with her superior persona. But lately, I am finding that the more I extend peace her way, her words don't get my goat so to speak anymore.

Am I growing spiritually?

Perhaps.

Not sure.

I'm just enjoying this little bit of quiet in my head and peace flowing through my body.

It's a pleasant change.

Now if I could just pass this peaceful place onto my children, our lives would be good. I know it would take something like a miracle for my kids to be more peaceful and less stressful and angry, but I believe anything is possible.

Including my kids behaving a little better.

Not PERFECT.

Just better.

I don't know what  I believe to be honest. Is there a God isn't there a God? Or a Goddess? Or some great and powerful Oz?  I do know for a fact that someone is watching over me, maybe it's my ancestors or a guardian angel, or my ancestors who really are guardian angels.

But there are so many variables to having faith in any one certain deity, I just can't be sure.

So I just sit down every night, or whenever I have a complex situation or even if my day is going good. I will say, "Whoever is listening, give me a sign," or "Help me out here please, I'm lost."  I usually find the answers or a blessing is given to me and I give thanks for that blessing.

It's kind of like anonymous donors.  Someone gives a gift to a charity. The charity publicly thanks them. The blessings of donations continue to flourish. It could be from the same anonymous donor, or a known donor but giving thanks, in my opinion anyway, is like circling the universe with a warm hug of love.

And when one feels the love it is often reciprocated.

Even on a bad day.

So, that's my philosophy on philosophy of  Buddhism and spirituality in general.

I don't like the word religion, it's too constricting. The word Spirituality, however,  leaves the door open for other belief systems to embrace your beliefs and join you.

Does that make sense  to you?

It does to me.  

Okay, I'm going to go for now. Yes, this is my three blog limit for the day.

It's only 9:30 here and I am so tired.

Too much thinking and too much drinking makes Barbie really tired.

Have a lovely night/day/morning wherever you are.

Thank you for stopping by.

I'll be back tomorrow I am sure.

Until then........Breathe....




New Age Comments & Graphics
~Magickal Graphics~






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

Re-Looking at the cat.
I guess the left elbow is more to the right of center.
Let us say it's in the right third of the photo.
Also it's outlined by shadowed cloud.
Do I win a squeezie?

I kinda like Shinto.
Very similar, to me, to Buddhism.
But your ancestors are revered as well as the mellowing out to Zen.

You are so much a better person then I am.
I tend to get more upset then I should.
Often about what other people do and say.
Not so much about me.
That I don't care about very much.
But when they harm others with their vile talk, that just gets to me.

Moving on.

I have had a most enjoyable weekend.
Not because it rained so hard my roof leaked.
Not because I got stuck in my driveway.
Formally known as dirt driveway.
And now known as deep muddied rutted driveway.
Not even because I have a head cold.

It's been great because of a cat. A service guy at a dealership. A checkout girl who didn't have to process a cable bill. An old friend retiring from the road. Because of a Smirnoff "Squeezie."
It's because I like reading about, "Extreme Barbie."

Weekends don't get any better then this.

Thank You Barbie, I hope the rest of your weekend is as extremely good as mine.
Ed
If In knew how I might even do a blog of my own.
Be boring as heck I'd guess?
Maybe a cool title?
Having a Heart Attack Climbing the Stairs To My Front Porch?
No Too Long.
The Ratt's Tales?
Maybe?

Barb said...

Hmm...a title for your blog post.

????

Perhaps, "swimming in my kitchen"? (How bad is that leak by the way?)

how about "Climbing the stairs to my front porch put me in cardiac arrest"? no...that's even longer than your idea.

I think you should stick with the heart attack one. That is good. There's no character limit on Blog Page names. Maybe you will win the guiness book of world's records for longest blog title.

Think of a quirky title that uses all of the letters of the alphabet at least twice.

*shrugs*

Hmm...

You need a blog Ed. You have way too much material to have it wasted on my blog with over 5,000 views and nary a comment here and there.

Although I appreciate your loyalty. ;)

BTW, did it rain or snow by you? I feel bad for my folks back home. When all that snow melts, they will have to build an ark of some sort.

Oh, and I don't like it when people talk about others or cast judgment on them either. It irks me too. I will defend the defenseless, just because I try to "walk in peace" doesn't mean I don't get angry. I still get angry, but not over petty things like people who act like arrogant folk, or like to throw hissy fits over the fact they didn't get their way.

Stuff like that.

I'm a work in progress here.

have a good day. I'm working on another blog here. My sunday morning blog post.

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

A Guinness World Record?
My home county is already in said book.
For the worlds longest description of the word "Butt" or was it buttocks?
Oh the shame.
(hangs head and averts eyes, whilst rolling them)
The do-gooders here don't want thong or string bikinis in view at the beach.
No kidding, it was even on Jay Leno a few years ago.
We have a county ordinance, in said book, defining said buttocks area.

The "leaks" were annoying.
dripping into plastic buckets in;
The bathroom.
The kitchen.
The living room.
Crappy tight-assed landlord.

Just rain in N. E. Florida.
My sis, 7 years older, is in CT and has been getting buried in snow. I offered her my next hurricane instead. Oddly the "F Y" phrase came into play next.

I'm a work in progress too. Good work when you can get it.

People getting pissy when they don't get their way. Ah Yeah.

To quote from "Big Trouble in Little China."
The Little Basket Case on wheels, not the seven foot roadblock.
"Now this really pisses me off to no end."

Another blog post would be, "Totally Awesome To The Max Dudette."
I'll check back again.

Maybe it's me keeping others from posting a comment?
Because your blogs are not "A Waste" of material.

I was born in the Chinese Year of the Dog, 1958.
So it fits, I am rather loyal.
The tail I can put up with, but the fleas no.
Where's that movie quote from?

Also a Cancer on a Leo cusp.
You can figure it out.

I wait with fresh Depends for your next post.
I'm going to nip out and chill a few squeezie's for later.

Enjoy your day,
Ed

Oh! Oh!
"My Life as a Geometric Shape"
What do you think?
Catchy enough title?