Saturday, February 22, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy Little Bee...That's Me

I finally registered my car.

I'm good to go until 2015. 

Yay me!!!

Although the wait at the DMV was enough to put me in a standing coma. I kid you not. I couldn't sit, there were way too many people there in those chairs, and the energy floating around that place made me uneasy. I know I was uneasy because I was gnawing on my straw. I don't EVER gnaw on my straw, haven't gnawed on a straw since I was probably in high school, but I had gnawed that sucker to death and I'm surprised that I could still get soda out of it it was clamped so tight.  

This one woman kept giving me this evil look; like I was trying to steal her boyfriend or something. I wanted to say "Honey, two things here. Number one he's not as hot as you think he is and two I have better things to do with my time like register my car so go get a life."

Then there was a couple with a kid sitting in front of where I was standing.  They were practically making out and I thought the guy was going to suck the skin off of the woman's face. Geeze people, get a damn room, your PDA is grossing me out here.

I didn't like the fact that I had to stand for 90 minutes, but it sure beat listening to the music these women behind me were listening to on their phone while I sat in a chair for only 10 minutes.  

Apparently it was a cover of Toni Braxton's, Unbreak My Heart. I had flashbacks to my early 20's when that song started playing. And whoever was singing it, was really, really off key. That's when I decided to get out of the chair, because  I felt myself wanting to turn around and tell those women to "shut that shit off please."

And that is not like me AT...ALL.

My number was 927 when I got there they were only on 617. I had a while to go. 

While I'm standing near the doorway of the DMV, this guy comes barreling down the aisle mumbling "Jesus F****N Christ!"  I've seen too many Bruce Willis and Denzel Washington movies to let my thoughts wander about this guy. I had to think a happy thought...I want to bake mini cheesecakes. What do I need to buy at the store? Which store will I go to?.....

And there was this mom there with her son. We shall call him Joey for the purpose of this blog post. I heard him tell the little old lady behind me what his name was. Anyway, poor little Joey had his fill of the DMV and apparently so did his mother. Although I wasn't really all that fond of Joey's mother, I kind of felt a tiny bit bad for her having to endure Joey's restlessness, because I have been where she was myself many a time. 

Joey was about 3 1/2 with curly dark hair and cute as a button. Joey decided to play with the payphone, yelling into it then slamming it, then screaming.  Then he decided he was going to run around in circles rather quickly, oblivious to the people around him as he continued to twirl around. His mom proceeded to call him crazy, and also a brat and at one point said to him, "What the hell are you doing?"  Okay, I will raise my hand and say that yes, I have had a motherly meltdown in public before, but swear words are not allowed, nor is name calling.

This poor kid just wanted to go. He was bored, and I wanted to try and help her calm the kid down, but I was still too busy gnawing on my straw. I did look in my purse to see if I had a hot wheel or paper and crayons or something to give the kid to entertain him, but I had nothing. Nothing but gum that had fallen out of the box it was in(my purse smelled really minty) and a bunch of receipts from about 10 different transactions at my grocery store and the local Walgreens.

Then they finally got their number called. I'm still standing by the door and next thing I know I see Joey zipping in and out of the line cords they had set up for the lanes to get to information.  He is zipping up then down then up again. Some woman said, "Are you looking for your mom?" I yelled to Joey, "Hey Joey, your mom is over there!" and I pointed to where his mom was now standing and I could tell this was probably going to be his last trip to the DMV from the look on her face.

Grandma will be taking Joey to the park or zoo next time.

My number was finally up. I was so happy. Although I couldn't dance for joy if I wanted to because my legs felt like Jello from being so tense and standing so long and my feet hurt. I was tired and I just wanted to go.  Finally got my tags and I was out the door by 4:30. Did I mention the DMV closes at 4??

Went to the grocery store.Got some fish that was on sale, just one, because it was just me here tonight.  I headed to produce  and noticed they didn't have my orange peppers that I like to use to cook my rice with. So I walk over with a yellow pepper and ask the produce guy, "Hey, I know this is going to sound like a really stupid question, normally I use the orange peppers, but you don't have any are these any spicier or do they taste the same?" 

Dude looks at me, grabs the pepper, slices it with the box cutter he is using and hands me a piece. I took a bite and he looks at me and says, "Taste any different?" I said, "Nope."

And I walked away and thanked him for the sample.

He ate the rest of the pepper by the way like he was eating a Granny Smith apple or something.

If only he were good looking, this could have been a love story in the making. Perhaps I could write a fictional book about it. I could hear the trailer for the movie now...."They shared produce, now they share a bed."

*I'm laughing out loud to myself here. I know, I know. I need to get out more. But I couldn't help it, what I just wrote was really funny to me and it was so funny that I even snorted a tiny bit when I laughed...beats peeing my pants I suppose*

Oh, so anyway, I'm walking through the store singing with Lionel Richie as I'm walking through the aisles, he wasn't really there of course, but he was on the music player thingy in the store, anyway, I get my fish and I get my soda, and I get some rice and I leave with my purchases. As I walk out the door there is this little girl scout in her little green uniform who asks the person in front of me if they'd like to buy some cookies. They said "No," and kept walking. I said, "I WILL!" and waved to her. So I got myself a box of Peanut Butter Patties. 

Yum, Yum, Yum!!!

As I was driving home I stopped in a Walgreen's parking lot.  I don't know what made me do this, but I checked my bags for all my groceries. I couldn't find my Fish!!!! I was not happy. I checked the front floor of my car, nothing. Dammit! I didn't want to lose fish in my car. It would be like that scene from grumpy old men(good movie and yes I realize the title of a movie should be capitalized but I'm too lazy to go back and fix it). So I find my receipt and call the store. Of course they have it, still on the counter near the cashier, but I am almost home now. Now I'm mad. Well, not really mad, annoyed is more like it. Thankfully they said I could go to the store that was closer to where I live and get my fish replaced.

So I go to the meat department after checking with the front manager who I know pretty well after shopping there since I moved here two years ago. The damn kid behind the counter is washing dishes. He sees me through the window and makes me wait. I will be honest I don't like the guys in this meat department. They aren't very helpful at all. And the dude in charge back there on nights, is cocky. I heard him talking to an older customer one time about "how important" he is. 

*eye roll*

Whatever dude.

I felt like I was annoying these guys by asking them to separate the fish for me from the prepacked meat department packaging into a single fillet. Because I told them I was replacing just one that they didn't bag at the other store and showed him my receipt. 

Why does this feel like I'm saying more than I need to about the stupid fish here?

So I finally get home.

I put away what needs to be refrigerated. I eat the  California Roll that I bought and I peruse my Facebook. Now I'm just sitting here deciding if I want to go to bed now, at 8:15, or bake those mini cheesecakes, or just go watch TV.

Decisions, Decisions.

The complicated life of the single woman home alone on a Saturday night with no kids to keep her company.

*(sigh)*

I think I'm going to go to bed, wake up early tomorrow, bake and do some more cleaning.

Today was too busy for me.  Seriously it was.

I need a mani/pedi.

Yeah, right. My idea of a mani/pedi is putting lotion on my hands when they get so dry they burn from washing them a hundred times a day at work, and cutting my toenails when they begin to curl.

JUST KIDDING!!! I cut my toenails on a regular basis. I can't stand long toenails...drives me insane.

I know I shouldn't have to post about the fact I was kidding, but you never know these days, some people will start a rumor about me not cutting my toenails until they curl and I'll end up on the cover of the Enquirer and next it will be CNN and pretty soon I'll lose my job simply because people said I let my toenails curl before I cut them.

Wasn't I leaving?

I was leaving... how the hell did I get on the topic of toenails?

This is what happens when I need sleep. You'd think I am drunk but I swear to you I'm not.

????

Good Night.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb,

I feel like such a piece of crap-ole-la. (That's redneck Spanish btw.) The last time I went to the DMV in person I was 10th from the next window. There are 3 windows, so I guess I was 4th? The last 3 times I've registered by mail. I feel so bad for you.

Joey needs a babysitter for DMV visits. And no I'm not on the volunteer list, EVER.

As she gazed longingly at his picture. That gorgeous shade of red. The roundness of his body. The taste of his flesh. She wanted him so badly. But the damn produce department didn't even have one lousy red pepper. Typical.

Kissing in kindergarten? That's a little too risqué for me. I prefer a more respectable girl. Tramp stamp. Whale tail showing. No bra. You know respectable. As if any girl that behaved like that would want anything to do with an old, broken down non drinker, non drug user.

Not to mention my geometric shape. Which is round if you hadn't guessed it already. Bad eyes, bad back, bad leg. Over 50. Non smoker. Oh and poor. The real reason I don't have cable.

Just a couple of weeks ago I was 27, divorced, living in Australia. Dated women as often as I liked. Which always meant one until I realized she needed someone better then me.

Where did my life go? I was young and in shape just the other day. Well they say the mind is the first thing to go. Or was it the second? Heck I can't remember.

Try not to upset the Sea Monkeys. They are really pan dimensional beings from our future.

Okay it's getting to the good bit, where Rob Stark and his Mother are murdered. Pass me a GS peanut butter cookie will you.

Enjoy Sunday Barb.
Ed

Sandra Bullock & Nicole Kidman, great movie. I like the "who phones who" meeting. That was funny.

Anonymous said...

Okay, Okay.
A lousy Yellow pepper.
So sue me.

I'm old and forgetful.
Cut me some bread. ???
Cut me some cheese. ???
Cut me some cake. ???

Oh never mind.

No wait.
Slack.
That's the one.

Cut me some slack. ???
Slack what, I have no idea?

Free words of advise for you.
Don't get old.

Ed
The old and forgetful.