Saturday, February 8, 2014

I'm Randomly Bantering About Nothing Really Important At All Here

Here's a picture of a cloud I took this evening as the sun was setting.

It looked like the face of a cat on my cell phone, but the larger picture doesn't look so much like that. I guess you need to use  your imagination.

See??






It looks like a cat, sort of when the photo is this small, but when I view it larger then it doesn't look so much like a cat. But the clouds are still pretty cool. 

Anyway.....

My day was so crazy. I'm glad it's almost over. I bought myself a smirnoff squeezie. Yeah, I've been working around toddlers and preschoolers way too long when I refer to a frozen alcoholic drink as a squeezie.

I got my transmission fluid done, my oil changed, I got my check cashed for the van that I sold and had towed away, then I went to the grocery store and spent fifty bucks there for a few things.  Came home, had some dinner and now I'm trying to get motivated to clean my apartment.

So far the motivation has left the station and hasn't come back.

Then I wanted to pay my cable bill while at the store. I know I put the bill in my purse, but as my luck would have it, I couldn't find the damn thing anywhere. So I told the girl behind the counter, who is really nice by the way, that I guess I wasn't meant to pay that bill today.

"I'll come back tomorrow", I told her.

We'll see.

Maybe not.

I'd like to go shopping for some clothes for me. And I still have a gift card for $50 to Marshall's that I have yet to use. Not to mention a $25 gift card to Bath and Body Works. Not quite sure I'll make it to either of those places, but I sure as hell am going to try anyway.

My son also needs a new backpack. His dad's dog ate it...literally tore a hole in it.  So I need to find that too. And all my kids need new underwear/socks and that kind of stuff. So, I at least have to make it to Wally World or Target whichever I feel like driving to.  Both are about the same distance.

Now there is some kid screaming at the top of his lungs. I know it's not my kids they are with dad this week.  So, whoever it is, they need to pick up their cell phone and dial whoever they are looking for. This is really annoying. Worse than a non-stop, ever-blaring car alarm.

Well, I really I have nothing more to say.

Oh, here's a funny for ya as I make my exit here.

So my ex came back here with the kids for a brief nanosecond to get some of their things. He gave me a ride back to the car place, because the guy said it would be done between two and three. It was 2:30 when he dropped me off.  Around 3:20 I am sitting in the waiting area and  I hear the guy(who mind you, saw and grinned at me  through that window they have so you can make sure they don't accidentally cut a wire they shouldn't and babysit your car basically while repairs and maintenance are done) he is calling my house and leaving a message, "Hi Barb, this is (insert place here) and your car is just about ready." As he is finishing the phone call, I peek around the corner and say "Here I am!" He is looking at me totally dumbfounded and says, "Oh, you're here already, why did I call you?" and he is grinning from ear to ear.

I couldn't help it, was quite hilarious to say the least.

At least he was a good sport about it.


Okay it may not be hilarious to you, but I'm guessing it's one of those "had to be there moments" of some kind.

Whatever.

I'm running out of stuff to say. So I'll just end this now.

I need some type of pick me up here, to get my writing juices flowing.

Who knows maybe after my frozen drink I'll come back later....if I don't pass out from exhaustion first.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

Good luck with the shopping.
I hate shopping.

I see the cat.
It's looking slightly down and to it's left. The ears a in shadow.
It's left eye and nose are highlighted in white.
The left paw is by the chin, with the elbow clearly visible as the bottom center-ish of the cloud.
The right elbow is clearly noticeable, and the right paw is just out of picture on the left edge of the photo.

A squeezie?
I thought that's what a Girlfriend was called?
Did the rules change again?

Enjoying the blogs Barbie, Thank You.
Ed
If you get any funnier, I'll have to change my depends.
Wait for it.
It'll come to you. [;{)

Barb said...

You're hilarious ED! Why aren't we facebook friends??? omg!!!!

My brother called that cat "Trippy". I'm telling ya, the clouds were ominously beautiful last night. I love taking cloud photos. I don't care if I blow up my Friends facebook feeds with cloud photos, and nature photos, and photos of bugs, birds and bees.

Depends....you're killing me here Ed. LOLLLLL

*heads to your next set of your comments for more humor*