Friday, February 21, 2014

Oh, The Tears....

Angel Comments


The past couple of days have been very worrisome for me. 
 
I've managed to "fake happiness" for the sake of my job and the kids in my room surprisingly, but truth be told I'm a mental mess in my head. 
 
Something happened this week that affects my granddaughter and her sister. I won't go into detail at all about this, due to the legal nature of it,  except to say that I hope that things work out and they find happiness once again where they should.
 
I want to shake my son into soberness and make him wake up and grow up and get a grip on life and reality. However, this is not going to happen simply by the wave of my hand as if to brush fairy dust over the situation, nor will any amount of prayer matter either.  I've tried to help him so many times, even offered to let him stay with me and try to find a program to get him clean.

"He's not an addict," he says.
"He has no problem with drugs," he says.

*throws hands in air*

It's like watching a train wreck in very slow motion take place.
 
I'm trying really really hard to keep it together here, and like I told my mother the other day on the phone "Worrying about it won't fix it either."

So I try not to worry about it, and just keep busy.

Thing is though, the weekend is coming and my three kids won't be here and it will be quiet and I will have time to think.  I already know what will happen:

1.  I will have a major cry fest no doubt.
 
2. I will try to figure out, in my head,  why what happened had happened.
 
3.  I will hope for a phone call from someone back home regarding this issue, if there is anything I can do to help or  in the hopes something good will come from all of this.
 
4.  I will still be waiting for that call come Monday morning.  A call that will probably never happen and have me worrying and crying even more.
 
I just sent my grandbaby and her sister a package for my grandbaby's birthday last week. Unfortunately she won't get it...
 
...at least not for the time being.
 
That makes me want to cry even more.
 
But I won't.
 
I feel the tears in the front of my eyeballs right now.
 
But I won't cry, because if  I do I won't be able to stop it.
 
So I wait...
 
And hope...
 
And try so damn hard to remain positive and hope things work out for the best.
 
If you believe in positive energy, healing energy, prayer, whatever it is you call it....send some to my granddaughter and her family.
 
They need it more than you know.
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb,

It was with growing sorrow I read this posting. When a person has, what my friends with kids call, "The D&D Syndrome." Drugs & Denial. It's never good.

I will speak with my God. Perhaps he can send comfort to those being hurt by this. You included.

My thoughts are with you this weekend. Nothing says you can't call first, perhaps you will be able to offer some much needed comfort to your Grand Children.

Best wishes, may you feel better soon.

Wishing for you and your family a good weekend.

Ed

Barb said...

I got to talk to their mother last night. We spent an hour on the phone talking about what happened. She gave me the number of the woman who is taking care of them. I am hoping to call this evening to speak to both of them and see how they are doing. My heart is broken thinking of this, but I slept a lot better last night knowing they are with someone whom they know.

My son isn't speaking to me. Hasn't talked to me in months. Of course he has his own demons to deal with demons that I cannot help remove until he knows that they are there. Every time I try to tell him to get clean, he doesn't want to hear it or says he doesn't have a problem. I miss that child that was filled with life and the gifted brain he once had.

I wish I lived closer so I could be supportive in person.

Thanks for your thoughts and comment here. I appreciate them.

Good weekend to you too. :)