Monday, February 3, 2014

My Recap of the Past Twenty-Four Hours

I'm sitting here...just waiting....for this car I hope is in good condition.

My ex went to check it out for me, and he is going to let me know if it's in good condition.  I had to leave work early so I could come home, call the insurance, call the tow place to get my Beast and figure out how much it would cost to register the new vehicle. This is such a pain, because stuff I should be able to do on the weekend, I have to do in one day.

I have to run to the insurance office and pay and get proof of insurance. I also have to run to the DMV which is on the other side of town. Then I have to hopefully get back to work before the end of shift so my poor friend doesn't have to work a ten hour day. She was kind enough to stay late for me if I don't get back, but the day she was having already, I really want to get back there soon. What's meant to be will be however, and we'll just see what happens. I may or may not get back there.

I am just waiting on the ex to call back and let me know when he is coming to get me. He is looking at the car with a mechanic friend of his. So hopefully it's a good car.

While I'm waiting I guess I'll just share some random things.

I watched the Superbowl. The team I picked won and the team my boys picked lost.   Every one kept saying it was a boring game, didn't seem so to me, but I guess that's because I don't normally watch football. It was exciting for me, especially when my team would intercept the ball. The first time it happened, I yelled out, "Thank you little orange man for giving my team the ball!" then I started to giggle and the boys were cracking up at me.

I have been watching the buzzfeed on Facebook about the "Un-American Coke Ad" that apparently played(and I missed...probably because I was in my neighbor's apartment downstairs when my daughter was playing with the neighbor's kids and I was looking for my daughter's shoes, which we later found out were still in my daughter's bedroom).  This Coke ad has people's panties in a twirl. Apparently, our National Anthem can only be sung in English, despite the fact our country is filled with a mish mosh of ethnicity.  If anyone should complain it's the Native American. Thankfully my Polish ancestors weren't the ones who took their land as they didn't come here until 1900.  And I have to say that the Native Americans are the only ones who would have any right complaining about what language the National Anthem should be sung in anyway. 

Was there even a Native American in the ad???

Either sing the National Anthem in all languages, or don't sing it at all; that should solve everyone's problem.

Apparently that was the idea behind Coke's ad. They sang it in all the languages...at least that's how I interpreted the ads to be. Because every time I try to view it, it freezes up on me. I went to Youtube and even CNN's page when I clicked on the link on Facebook and I got an Esurance ad and then a black screen.

So...just going by here say and not actual fact, I can only come to the conclusion that some Americans who are all immigrants(except the aforementioned Native Americans) have a problem with immigrants of other countries singing our country's National Anthem in their native tongue.

Which spaceship did these individuals arrive on?  Because last time I checked, we all are ancestors of someone who came in on a boat or by foot many moons ago.

I get so tired of people complaining about this race or that race, this language or that one, who is gay and who isn't, who buys cloth diapers and who buys disposable, who drinks Coke and who drinks Pepsi. 

Seriously people, get over it already. It's like a bunch of kids on a grade school playground fighting over who has the nicer backpack.

Get a life.

Stop meddling in other people's lives and stop complaining so damn much. Life's too short. If we all just learned to get along and play nice with others life would be so much less complicated and more enjoyable.

I like all people, provided they are respectful and they don't hurt me or my children or my family and dearest friends.

Don't hurt anyone period. 

Be kind.

Learn to laugh a little.

Learn to be accepting of others. It doesn't mean you have to agree with them, it just means you need to respect them.

Being open-minded has a lot of advantages.

I have one more story to share and then I have to go. I finally got the call. My ex is on his way.  He said this car is "sweet!" and if I didn't need this one so bad, he'd of bought it for himself.

*giggles*

I told him I'll buy him a case of beer for all the running around he's doing.

So anyway, last night my daughter was reading her book to me from school. It's called Totally Crushed, about two girls who like the same boy.

Cute.  Typical girly pre-teen book every girl reads.

She was reading it out to me, and she said "Anabelle told her friend Fo-Bee..." I saw the spelling of the name and I burst into tears from laughter. She said "whaaaaaaaaaat?"  I said, "Honey," and I tapped her leg, "That's FEE-BEE(Phoebe)!" Oh my God, I could not stop laughing. Then she is laughing and we are both cracking up at each other laughing. This lasted a good five minutes. Even the boys were laughing at us laughing.

Never a dull moment around here.

Well, I need to go. Can't wait to get my new ride. It needs an oil change and brake pads.  Other than that it's good to go.

Yay!

So grateful for the little blessings in life.

Have a wonderful week.

I'll be back on the weekend.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb,

Looks like you deleted a blog or two?

What happened to the van?

You didn't mention a wreck or anything, so I guess the van just died?

Hope it all works out for you.


Got to go, the dishes are asking me to bathe them.
They are such big babies.
They're like twelve and still insist I bathe them.

The carpet tried to stab me in the foot earlier.
I guess it wants me to groom it with the vacuum again?

Man it is such a drag with so many problem children to look after.

Take Care Barb, Have a good week.
Ed