Monday, February 17, 2014

Turn On The Music

I'm sitting here in my room drinking my coffee and eating my Thin Mints, singing this song, "chair dancing"(you know, boppin' up and down in one's chair or while driving when listening to music...if there is no music that is usually a sign one needs to use the bathroom I suppose) and as I'm chair dancing and singing this really uplifting, "let's get moving" song, the video kept stopping and my computer kept on freezing. I yelled out, "Aw come on!" and I hear my daughter giggle outside my (Open) bedroom door.

I had no idea she wasn't asleep out there and was in my own little world over here in my room yelling at the stupid computer every time it froze on me.

I said, "Oh, you're awake? This stupid puter keeps freezing my song! Remember this CD I had?" and she says, "yes."  We listened to this artist's music in my van more times than I can remember. Then when I moved here, I lost her CD. I was so mad. Then I found her CD in my closet when I was cleaning it out one day, but I don't know where I put it.

So I am resorting to listening to her gentle and sometimes energetic voice in song via the internet on Youtube.

Here's the song by the way:




I was thinking about all the beautiful music that is out there. Music from different cultures and spiritual beliefs. I happen to be a big fan of Celtic music, New Age Music, Indian Music and a plethora of other music. For the record I don't really "do" country, but I do like a little bit of Rascal Flatts from time to time, Martina McBride and Keith Urban every now and then. And that Florida Georgia Line they had a nice little hit there...umm...Cruise I think it's called...*heads to YouTube*...Yeah, it's called Cruise. I think I'll post that one here too. 

Why not....




My kids and I were listening to some random music on YouTube just now.  Music that is uplifting and filled with positivity or something good to just dance to. Here's another one of our favorites. My daughter and I agree that this music reminds us of fairies:









Speaking of Fairies, I'm looking forward to getting our fairy garden going here. I think I might pick up a few things for it later on today. I can't wait to get it either. I'm just as excited as my daughter is I think, maybe even more. 

Here's a Christian Song that is very positive:

 




This is a good, positive song.  So yeah, I'm a big fan of all types of music. I like something that makes me feel good about my day and surrounds me and my kids with positivity.

I remember talking to a friend of mine at work about that song "Gorillas" by Bruno Mars. I had no idea what the lyrics were, my kids would sing the song in the car and to be honest I was too busy concentrating on driving that I didn't bother to listen to the lyrics.  Then my friend said, "Umm...that song is not kid appropriate you know." 

I just looked at her with a puzzled expression.  Apparently most of Bruno Mars' music isn't kid appropriate. She also explained Locked Out of Heaven to me and I was thinking, "OH MY!"

Definitely not kid appropriate. 

I remember when Rhiana's S and M song came out. 



I actually like that song. I like most music and rarely do I care to learn the lyrics, I just like the beat or the music in general or the artist's voice. And when my daughter was about five or six I think(whenever it came out, she's 9 now so do the math yourself please and thank you ha ha), and when I heard her singing this in the bathroom, I asked her, "Do you know what this song is about?" She said "No." And the thing is she really didn't. She was just singing the words. That was it was to her was just words, and not words with meaning.

Know what I'm saying here?

Then years before that, that song Second Chance came out and she use to sing, "Hey Lady's Comet," instead of "Hailey's Comet" in the Chorus part of the song. She was (and still is) so cute back then.




This song makes me miss my oldest son.  It makes me think of him. Long story for another day why, but I think of him and I think of the time my daughter sang this to him and he was smiling when she did. 

Good times back then, good times.

Anyway, this concludes my playlist for today.

I have some baking to do and we are heading to a friend's house for lunch. I'm looking forward to spending time with this friend of mine. She is a new found friend and one I enjoy talking to a lot.

Have a lovely Monday.

Until later.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

Chamber music.
Gregorian Chants, no idea what the Latin means.
Whale song, I know uber cheesy, but I like what I like.
Heavy Metal, I'm a head banger from way back.

"Sorry? What did you say? Can't hear you, I'm nearly stone deaf!" So now the music's loud because I can't hear it any other way. lol.

Your daughter reminds me of the character Willow on the, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," TV show.

"Oh! Is that what that means?" And looks very uncomfortable. Obviously didn't understand the lyrics.

I didn't even realize it was a holiday today. Sick as a dog. Spent the day in bed wondering if you can feel sick in the afterlife?

Any guess about that?

Have a great week Barb, you and the "Little Hot Town Trio." I guess it's a quartet when you sing too.

Ed