Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday Night and Single

I am having myself a little "adult beverage" that I picked up at the grocery store today. It cost me $1.99 for this Mike's Hard Lemonade Black Cherry Freeze and Squeeze drink.  I must say it's quite tasty. Like a cherry Popsicle that I remember from my childhood. You know the actual POPSICLE brand popsicle, not that cheesy generic brand that tastes like a frozen tube of sugar with a spittle of cheap kool-aid thrown in for color more than flavor.

Unfortunately for me though, I forgot to get some straws, so my pathetic ass is licking this drink out of the glass like a toddler with a pudding cup. True, I could get myself a spoon but don't feel like it, and truth be told I searched in my pantry for one of the kids Capri-Sun drinks to snag a straw off of one, but unfortunately, there were none to be found.

Today wasn't a bad day I suppose. I woke up around 7:30 or so.  I cleaned my living room and kitchen and did two loads of laundry.

Then my tired ass took a nap.

I fell asleep at  11 something while watching Sister Wives. That show is interesting to me. I feel sorry for those poor women, because they really do seem like a nice family and they were trying to sell their jewelry at this women's expo up in Utah, and all these nasty old women were making snide remarks about their lifestyle.  My opinion on this is....if you aren't causing harm to me or my children or anyone else for that matter, have a good life doing whatever it is you do. End of story. However, a note to Robyn on that show, if you are trying to jump start your business, you may want to stick to towns/cities that are more welcoming. You knew going into that trip that they didn't approve of your lifestyle, it's oil and water sister, oil and water. You live here in Vegas, you or your sister wives ever need some advice look me up, we'll have coffee. :)

ANYWAY...(liquor kicked in..loll) woke up around 3:30.  I felt worse after I woke up then I did before I passed out on the couch.  I sat around and watched Gilmore Girls on Soapnet. I love that show. I wish I could be like Lorelai Gilmore. She is funny(like me), pretty(like me) and lives in a quaint little town in Rhode Island(not like me) and is dating that hottie Luke Danes who is this hearty, rough-looking, softie that I just adore.  I would love to find myself a guy like Luke.  Where is my Luke? He's out there somewhere....helloo?? Hello...???  Luke is that you????!!!

Oh, sorry I got ripped away into my fantasyland over here. Don't mind me, it's the liquor. I'm a lightweight, so any typos or grammatical errors are the fault of Mike and his lemonade. 

I watched Gilmore Girls and then I finally peeled myself up off the couch and went to the grocery store. Sure I had food in here, but nothing I wanted to take the effort to make(pork chops, hamburger etc..) so I went for quickie foods, you know TGIFriday's Spinach Artichoke Dip, Honey Roasted Marie Callender's Dinner, a Totino's frozen pizza, and some ham. Because there's a lot of stuff you can make with ham that doesn't require a lot of prep or cooking time. Ham and cheese omelette, ham sandwiches,salad with ham, you get the drift. I'm lazy when my kids aren't around when it comes to cooking.  I also got some ice cream. Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Brownie Individual cup for a buck and Haagen Dazs Chocolate individual cup for the same price. Of course I had to get the whip cream to go with, so that set me back another buck-fifty. Never go to the store with the munchies.

Bad idea.

I also got some Calgon bubble bath and lotion. That was on sale too. 

So I returned from the store and decided to take a bubble bath. I lit some candles, hopped in that big tub of suds and just vegged out for at least a good 15-20 minutes. Boy did that feel awesome! I have relaxation music on my phone, one of the artists is Deva Premal. I swear to you, if you are ever ever having a bad, stressful day, turn her music on and everything will just disappear.

I got my jammies on and heated up that Spinach/Artichoke dip and that.... my dear readers.... was my dinner.

So why am I telling all of you about my simple, non-partying, non-drama day today?

What else do I have to do?

Someone is out there reading this, probably doing the same damn thing as me. I know you are out there, it's okay if you don't want to raise your hand. I look at the positives of being home and single on a Saturday night. 

For starters, you can dance around the house naked(I highly suggest you close the blinds first). Actually you can pretty much do anything naked in your house, cook dinner, bake lemon squares(this is a joke actually those that know I bake will be wondering next time, "Was she dressed when she made these??), you can watch TV naked, and believe me, living in the desert being naked is similar to wearing a parka when you are an Eskimo.

Which brings me to a tangent thought here, about Eskimos that is.  I'm sure you all have heard of an Eskimo kiss, where you rub noses side to side? Well... I was thinking about this, and as cold as it could be where the Eskimos live I'm sure they fear getting their lips locked together forever when the temperatures reach to sub-zero levels which is why they don't ever kiss on the lips, especially those long passionate kisses. They are definitely safer with the noses....unless someone has a cold. 

Another good thing about being single on a Saturday night is that  you aren't wasting gas driving to different clubs, or theaters or malls or whatever your hangout of choice would have been had you not been single.  I realize too, that being single, you could be out with friends, however, if you are like me, most of your friends are married or dating and have plans of their own on a Saturday night which don't include babysitting you(or me for that matter).

So here we sit, single on a Saturday night with our remote control, laptop, cup of ice cream, liquor, coffee or tea of choice indulging in  the happy reality that we are not having to worry about what kind of dress to wear(or shirt/tie/no tie/pants/jeans etc for the guys out there), or thinking "these pants make me look fat!", or doing our hair then washing it all out and doing it over again, makeup mistakes, and all the other stuff that happens when one prepares to go out on a date. Could be the first date or the 10th, it's still stressful nonetheless.

We, however, in the Saturday Singles club don't have that drama.

There is no drama because no one is around us to create it.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

Yet another funny episode. I enjoy your blog very much btw.

Saturday Single's Club. I like it. I would be a member, only I'm too lazy to go to the meetings.

I hope your week was a drama free affair for you. Mine was mellow, well close enough for me.

Take Care,
Ed