Monday, July 8, 2013

Online Dating is For the Birds

I hate Mondays.

Glad I got THAT off my chest.

On to other business here.  Seems that the online dating free weekend was a total bust. You can "technically" communicate with someone by sending random questions to someone in which they reply with clicking a  simple yes or no. For instance, one question I got was "Would you swim in the buff?" I wanted to reply with my own answer and say "NO, but I would bathe in the buff."

Seriously?

You could also use these little conversation starters.  Little saying like "Your photo brought a smile to my face".  What photo? You can see me but I can't see you??? 

A little creepy if you ask me.  Thinking we have peeping Tom's on the site.

You can't see the profile photos of any of the members, which is why that's so creepy.  Which is ridiculous in all honesty. I want to write an email to the company and let them know that if they want more paid members, you need to allow non-paying free weekend folk to see the photos so that we know what we are getting into when we sign up and plunk down our hard earned money.  If it's simply a bunch of old and wrinkly sixty year old men, well, sorry charlie, I'll keep my $14.99 a month and spend it on Starbucks or a new pair of shoes.  That's like someone selling you a car, they let you test drive it but you can't look under the hood. For all you know the battery is leaking, the radiator cap is missing and the engine is being held into place by chicken wire. 

So I didn't find love on the internet.

Which is okay. Because like I said before I wasn't really looking to begin with. 

I used Match.com one time on a free month trial, and I have to say that was a pretty good sight. At least you get to see the photos of members listed. And you actually got to REALLY communicate with other people via emails(this was over 10 years ago mind you). I met some interesting fellas on that site. Got a few nice dinners and a couple of trips to the local bar to play some darts and have some drinks, made a friend or two there, one even found me on Facebook about a year ago after I hadn't seen him in 10 years; he's still doing well. 

Overall though, the thought of dating scares me.

First reason....I have children.

Second reason....I don't want crazy people near my children.

Third Reason....I have children.


So, until my daughter graduates high school in 8 years, I shall stick to being single, at which point the hot body(snickers) will be gone, as will probably more of my hair at the rate I'm going here with all this damn stress in my life,  I'll have wrinkles where they shouldn't be, and my boobs will be down to my ankles and whatever sanity I have now will probably be depleted.  

Good luck to whatever man gets that stunning woman! Woohoo!!!

Truth is, mostly every woman wants to find a special someone in their life. It's human nature. Reality is that it just isn't that simple these days. There are so many weirdos out there, so many diseases and so many variables that can make or break a relationship that when it comes down to it I, myself, am probably better off all by myself anyway.

It's not me throwing a pity party(I don't like pity parties, I attended enough of my own thank you), feeling sorry for myself, because I don't feel sorry for myself anymore. It's me being realistic and accepting the fact that it's okay to be single.

*Yikes! Where'd that Serious Sally come from?? This is my fun blog!*

Anyway, if you do decide to use an online dating site, really research the site and the benefits of joining. And maybe once you pay you get free tickets to see concerts or a trip to the moon as a paid member.

Who knows.

Have a great Monday. I will see you all later.




No comments: