Thursday, July 18, 2013

Got a Little Workout Today

I am so very glad tomorrow is Friday.

I seriously wanted to ask my boss for less hours, I am literally killing myself at that job of mine. By Friday, I have barely any energy to speak of and today one of the kids where I work got behind my foot and I didn't see her and twisted my back as I fell and caught myself trying not to land on her in her pretty little dress.

Yes, this is what we called classroom aerobics. That was the gymnastics portion in the class.  I should have scored a 10 on that one.

Getting back to that question for my boss,  I talked to her this afternoon during my lunch break, and as it turns out I'll be in a room with a wonderful work friend of mine, so I can't leave her hanging. She drove me to the airport when I got the hell out of dodge for a week.

I feel like I still owe her a kidney.

So I didn't even ask about fewer hours. I want to spend more time with my kids, but I need the money and I don't really want to give up a kidney if I don't have to. 

Anyway, tonight I went to the grocery store. Spent 100 bucks and when I saw how many bags that kid put in my cart after my groceries were bagged up, all I thought was "Shit, now I have to carry this up to my second floor apartment."

I thought about asking the kid to drive home with me, it's just down the street after all and I could have gotten him a cab back to work.  But I don't think they do that out here. Maybe somewhere in the middle of Iowa, or some rinky dink little town in Tennessee, but here in the Metropolis of Vegas, they don't have the mom and pop atmosphere they do in the quaint and quiet cities and towns.

So I started unloading my groceries when I got home. Grabbed as many bags as I could carry, I think I had 4 on each arm, lost a roll of paper towels on the way to the steps but I had a momentum going and just kept moving forward, then began my journey up the flight of stairs.

I forgot to mention, it was almost 9 pm here, the sun had completely set, and it was 101 degrees..  Yeah, you saw that right, 101 degrees...in the dark no less.

I made 3 trips total.

The last trip was a three-pack of Capri Suns(36 of those stupid suckers all total), and dammit my kids better appreciate those Capri-Suns. For the effort it took me to get them up the stairs anyway. I grabbed the three-pack, put two magazines on top and my 12 pack of soda was on top of that. Not exactly the brightest thing to do, as the magazines made it like a circus act to balance the soda. At one point I almost lost my soda as I lifted my leg to balance the drinks and magazines between my boobs and my knee so I could shut the damn door to the Beast. 

I got it to the top of the steps then I had to get it in the apartment. I swear if I didn't lose at least 5 pounds on this journey, well, then I should at least win a medal or something.

This heat is crazy.

I don't know how the early settlers did it. I was driving home today, windows open as you all very well know (avid readers anyway) that my A/C in the van is crap, and it was 107 out today the breeze that traveled through the beast was like sticking your head in the oven when the broiler is on.

Not that I've ever done that before. I'm just assuming that is what it would feel like, ya know?

I think I got a sunburn just from the wind beating against my face. Forget spray tans or tanning beds, just open your windows on a triple-digit desert day!

If I were an early settler, I'd of died the second that first wind blew and I walked the first mile. Driving is one thing, but walking in this crap is insane. I feel sorry for people who have to walk in this. Or stand outside waiting for a bus.  Or working in this stuff, that is just beyond belief that people work in this weather. I see all the construction workers on the road, and the builders in the communities putting up all those houses and I think "How the hell do they not keel over and die in this crap?"

I simply walk out the door to get my mail, and I melt.

There is suppose to be isolated Thunderstorms on Saturday.

There BETTER be some storms. Some really good storms. So good that they cause the ground to cool down to about  65 degrees.

Yeah right.

Well, it's that time of night for me.  I hear the couch calling my name. I hear the sounds of silence. "Hello darkness my old friend...." Great now that song is stuck in my head. Not a bad tune, I feel the inner hippy in me coming out. I'm not much of a hippy really, but perhaps there is a tiny bit of me who loves some of the 70's garb and music and what not. I'm an aquarius, we are aloof, and quirky and eclectic in our own nature.

I don't know what the hell i am talking about now. I seriously am exhausted and very, very sleep deprived.

So I leave you with this:




Yes, I'm sitting here singing with the video. Good song. Good Night All!

No comments: