Saturday, October 5, 2013

Saturday Morning Ramblings

I am really trying to get a good readership base on my blog here. To those who actually do read and occasionally comment I say:


Cute Thank You Comments

To those of you who stumble upon my page and read but may not comment, or are unable to comment do to technical glitches that may occur I also say thank you to you as well.

I'm still trying to figure out the commenting on this site.
I use to be able to comment from my dashboard, but for some reason Blogger has decided it is best to make us work for our ability to post for free to make our blogs people and comment friendly.
 
I tried to comment to the two comments on my last blog post and I can't even do that. Where is that "reply back" button?* Shuffles around keyboard and computer desk looking for it*
 
Nope, it's not here.

**********

I am sitting here listening to the movie "The Last Mimzy" while I blog. I love this movie.  It's such a cute little kid's movie. 
I actually slept in this morning. It was 8:00 before I hopped off the couch and went to make my coffee.

Last night I was completely and utterly exhausted by 9:30. I wanted to rent a movie, but ended up literally passing out, remote control in hand, before 10 sometime. 

I had talked to a friend of mine who I haven't seen in person in three years at her Christmas party, we have chatted briefly via small comments here and there on Facebook over the years, and she has invited me over on a few occasions, but life and a crappy vehicle get in the way. So I never took her up on the offer. 
 
 She is having some issues with her son and his school admin. I won't go into detail about it, the only thing I will share is that I had a similar experience myself about 5 years ago, which is the reason I called her to begin with.  Hoped to share some insight and my small personal victories with her in the hopes of saving her some stress-filled days and nights. I'll talk more about education and the "system" in another post.

So we chatted a little while, and then before we hung up she asked me if I had the kids this year on Thanksgiving. I told her that it was my ex's  year, and she invited me over for dinner.

I was like a teenage girl who got asked to prom.
*giggles*
 
No joke, I hate spending holidays alone. Same old infomercials on the TV, same old reruns and football and crap I'm really not interested in, or I blog like there is no tomorrow and end up posting three or four useless blogs in my mass amount of holiday free-time. (*Check out July 4th, I posted two long-winded blogs in a matter of just a few hours and this one takes the cake I do believe LOLL (did I just put text-speak in my blog? My blog, who cares, if you don't like my text-speak, then just don't read this I guess...hee hee)Talk about sheer boredom from being alone...I couldn't stop typing or thinking that day).

I was so grateful my friend offered an invitation to me for the holiday. I asked her "What do you want me to bring?"

"Bake something".

She knows I have a passion for baking. So I said "Okay, I'll bake something."

At that moment I was going through my brain trying to think of recipes to make for this big day. Despite the fact it's almost eight weeks away...maybe even nine weeks.

Didn't care.

"Nutcups, Napoleons, Lemon Squares, Cookies, Tarts, Cupcakes(no, not cupcakes....too kid-like)", as she was talking to me(and yes I was listening) I was thinking of what I could bake that would be spectacular for the holiday.

Mind you,  my kids birthdays aren't even out of the way yet(see last blog post) and I'm already planning for Thanksgiving.

So now I have to figure out something spectacular to bake for the big holiday. 
 
Why does it have to be spectacular?
 
Because it's a holiday that's why.
 
Okay, I have lots to do today.
 
So I'm going to go and clean and shop for groceries and pay my phone bill and then I'll head back home. My boys' birthday is Tuesday and I don't even have a gift yet. 
 
I'm slacking.
 
I'm sure I'll be back later this evening. 
 
 
 
My favorite part of a roller-coaster ride is when you're going up and you're slightly scared and really excited. You don't know what's coming next but you know it's going to be good. You can't handle it, go on the carousel.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

So what is a Napoleon anyway? Glad you get to go to a semi stress filled Holiday soon. Enjoy.

Bummer you get to cover the deposit. I do hope you are at least invited to attend? Rude if not.

Enjoy the weekend.

€d

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

Wasn't there a post after this one? I tried to comment on the crappy parents and their son, coach etc. but it wouldn't let me.

Then today, 10/9/13 I got a notice of another blog being posted. As I read it I realized I'd read it before. From July 15. Your kids re cops, firemen, sumo wrestlers et al being good stepdad potential.

But it reminded me I'd wanted to comment on said post on parents. But it's gone?

Or I'm hitting the cat nip a little to much and need to cut it with more Coke a Cola?

Have a great week B.

€d