Thursday, October 10, 2013

So Unexpected

Today is a very somber day for me.

Last night I was cleaning house, listening to Halloween music when I received a text. Shortly after I got a phone call from my mom.  She told me that my cousin had passed away unexpectedly. I tried so hard to hold back the tears while we were on the phone. I can't imagine what my aunt must be going through at this time. I wasn't really close to this cousin of mine, but all I kept thinking was "why didn't I friend him on facebook?"

I know dumb, right?

He was a really good guy, with a kind heart and a beautiful soul. When my mom was relaying the details I just sat on the end of the phone still trying to process the fact that he was gone.

This song kept going through my head. This was the song that was playing on the radio when I was getting ready for my grandmother's funeral back in 1996.  It was actually ironic that this song came on at that particular time.  But I can't forget this song, nor the lyrics to it any time there is a death of a loved one.





I literally am sobbing buckets over here.  I feel bad for my aunt who just lost her husband almost a year ago in November.

Now she lost her son.

Life is just not a guarantee.

If anything I'm learning that our loved ones need to be cherished and hugged and kissed and told how important they are to us because you never know when their day will come to say good bye forever.  And definitely friend them on Facebook if distance or time gets between you. Keep in touch through some type of communication. Even if it is a text to say "Hey, how was your day?" with a reply of, "Awesome, thanks for asking. How about you?"

Now I have to go to work and try to function as best I can. I have to not think about this and entertain a group of 20 two to three year old kids while putting on a brave happy face.

At least now my cousin is with his father. Keeping him company and watching over those that still miss them both so very much.

My thoughts and prayers are with my cousins and my aunt and all those who were close to him. May they all find peace and strength during this difficult time in their lives.


REST IN PEACE "CUZ"! You will be missed.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

I am sorry for your family's loss.

€d

Barb said...

Thanks Ed. His service is tomorrow. Sad I'm way out here and can't be there. Plus, on a day of mourning, I'll be celebrating my kids birthday. Talk about conflicting emotions.