Sunday, October 13, 2013

Kids With Nasty Attitudes Drive Me Insane

Enjoyed my kids party this evening.

Met some nice people, well, let me just say I knew these people from the kids sports activities, but I never really engaged in conversation with them until tonight...not because I am rude or mean, but because these are my ex's little community of friends(i.e. sports fanatics) and I'd much rather just stay away from "his friends" as much as possible.

Nice people though...well, a few of them were.

So my kids had a nice time and apparently they were raving about the cake to their grandmother all about how they loved the cake and how they helped decorate it.  They told her it was a cool cake. So despite the fact I couldn't throw them a "cool non-expensive party", I did manage to make them a "cool cake".

*pats self on back and smiles*

Then we got home after the festivities were over.

And I'm sitting on my patio enjoying the lovely weather.

And these stupid punk kids are walking by. I'm not bothering them when all of a sudden one of them says "God that's too fat. I'm glad I'm not that fat."(referring to me) I wanted to go down there and punch them in the head and ask them where they got mouths like that when talking (indirectly) to or about an adult. I continued viewing my kids birthday pictures on my phone, didn't say a word. Then the stupid kid keeps going on about it as they are walking down the sidewalk and says "I have the perfect body. I'm glad I'm not THAT fat."


You know it hurt, I won't lie. But the sane adult rational part of me knows that these are stupid kids that are just punks and their opinions mean nothing in reality.

Am I FAT?

Well, let me be honest here, I could stand to lose about 20 pounds and truth be told it's stress. It's lack of a social life, lack of any life or time to even bother with any kind of health regimen.   Sure I could walk, or do ten minutes of sit ups, but I'm just too damn lazy at this point because I have much more pressing issues in my life at the moment like paying bills, or finding insurance, keeping my job, and keeping my kids in line and fed and clothed.

Call them excuses I don't care.

I'm fat maybe. Well, not fat per say, just overweight for my height.

It's all in the middle of me for the most part.

I miss my thin, sexy self from ten years ago, and it pisses me off some days when I can't fit into those clothes of  long ago.

I have no ambition to lose weight. Here are a few reasons why:

*I don't want to date.
*I am not running a marathon.
*I'm not trying to get on Project Runway
*I'm not looking to be a stripper or a Playboy Bunny or work at Hooter's
*I'm in a place in my life where I am not happy and being thin is not on my top ten list of things to do that I procrastinate doing anyway

Sure I probably sound a bit snarky in this post.

Because I mean to sound snarky.

Because stupid punk ass kids who think they can just blurt out that someone is fat ruined my damn day.

And I'm mad.

Damn mad.

Mad enough to pay for a treadmill or do some situps?

Nope.

I am just tired of these stupid kids with their stupid bully punk ass mouths and attitudes.

That chick is just lucky that I was too damn tired to enter into a verbal war with her because it would not have been pretty.

And lucky for her I am also a lot more mature and educated than she'll ever be.

And as far as I'm concerned I'd rather be fat than ignorant any day of the week.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Barb. :D This post is awesome. Screw those punk asses!!

<3 Ali

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

I must agree with Ali totally on this.

And to miss quote Yoda. "When 5 children you have. Look as good, you will not."

€d

Anonymous said...

Sorry.

The Yoda quip was for the little puke.

€d

~RaenWa~ said...

Well considering I have known you for 10+ years let me first start off by saying. Don't get a rats ass about what those kids think. Secondly you are not fat there is nothing wrong with your size at all. For someone who has had 7 kids you look damn good.

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Nice and interesting moments. I like your story. You kid is so cute.

Regards,
Kopi Luwak