Saturday, October 19, 2013

An "Off Day" Off Day

I had a really off day today.

Literally and figuratively speaking.

I attended the last of my kids football games today. They lost. The refs totally sucked and made some really, really bad calls. I'm not just saying that because it was my kids' team that the calls were made on, the refs really must be blind and deaf.

At one point, they blew the whistle, the kids stopped running and the little squirt on the other team ran with the ball for a touchdown.

The other team got the points for that and the ref said that he never blew the whistle.

WTF?!!!

I have never witnessed a game where a child grabs another kid's helmet(known as "face mask" I believe?) in broad daylight and gets away with it.

What got me though was when our coach threw his drink on the field after the last play of the game, there was ice galore upon the turf.

What happened was this:

There was an injured player on our team and they stopped the clock(or were suppose to) and the mom carried the poor player off the field. Then when our kids got back out on the field they called time...game over.

We were sooooo close to the goal line.  About fifteen yards away to be honest.

They called the game!

All those poor kids out there crying, my boys included, I felt so bad for them.  Coach told them to stop crying because it's contagious. Told them they played "A hell of a game."  Not exactly the words I'd of used for children, but he had a point.

Then I got home and checked my mail.

Low and behold a summons for jury duty.

Can this day get any suckier?

No.

I won't let it.

It's 7:30 and I am just now finding some me time finally.

Truth be told, I wouldn't care about being called for jury duty. I watch enough crime shows to be intrigued with the real thing. Although if it's a murder or rape, I want no part of it.  T.V is one thing, it's not real, but real situations would make me ill to have to look at all those pictures and hear stories and confessions and what not.

Maybe it's some kid who stole gum from a convenience store at knife point and didn't harm anyone.

That I can handle.

On a positive note I did manage to get to watch some episodes of Vikings. It was the Viking marathon on the History channel. I love that show. Ragnar Lothbrook you are so yummy looking but you're a turd for cheating on your wife. Lagertha is going to kill you. You saw what she did to the earl's brother. I'd sleep with one eye open if I were you.

Shame on you.

Oooops...got carried away there talking to my imaginary tv friend Ragnar.

Anyway, looking forward to season 2 of the show. Can't wait.  I also can't believe Rollo is going to fight against his brother. Shame on you too dude.

Well, it is getting late and I'm rather hungry. I stayed away from the concession stand tonight and just brought two cokes and two bags of gummies that I shared with the kids on the team and my daughter's cheer friends. They were suppose to be good luck gummies, now I feel bad. Maybe they should have been given AFTER they won. Now they lost, and it's all my fault because I gave them good luck gummies that weren't so lucky.

They won last time I gave them out. :(

Craving some raviolis. So off I go. Cheese and spinach raviolis, it's what's for dinner tonight.

Go me.

Will be back again soon I'm sure. Until then I leave you with this....


Funny & Naughty Comments & Graphics
~Magickal Graphics~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

Bummer about the game. To quote Steve Spurrier, "You have to lose to appreciate winning." He was fired a week later, apparently the Redskins didn't appreciate losing.

Meat n cheese Ravioli, near perfect food. Spinach is nuckie, and it's green and yuckie. I can't believe you are going to ruin near perfection, with that green slimy stuff. Shame on you.

Ragnar, you're a jerk. Though I must also question your sanity. She will kill you when she finds out. The 'other woman' is certainly a dead woman, that kind of goes without saying.

I have yet to see an episode of Vikings, no cable or dish. When it comes out on disc, I'm all over it.

Have a good Sunday.
€d

Barb said...



I'm guessing you clearly aren't a fan of Spinach and Artichoke dip then either, eh?

That's another fave of mine.