Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thursday....That's My Fancy Title For This One

I'm sitting here eating a Banana Creme pudding...you know..the good kind from that Jello line of lunch box goodies.

Of course it isn't lunchtime here, it's well past dinner now and I had a real craving for something sweet. So my happy self went digging through my freshly stocked pantry and low and behold I decided on this sweet little cup of delight.

Boy is it tasty too!

I had a much better day at work.  It ended with me chatting with one of the kids in our class and his parents.  This kid really is a cutie. He's got lots of energy, but I tried reassuring mom over the course of his time with us that she needn't worry, I have two just like him at home....and they are 10. She laughed and I said that ONE is a piece of cake.

She laughed even more.

They are very nice people.  When they were leaving he took my hand and a little girl who was waiting for her parents  as though we were going home with him.  I said "Are we going home?" He nodded and looked up at me with this hopeful look on his face. I told him I had to stay and he needed to go home with his parents.

He leaned towards me and hugged my leg, and I bent down and gave him a big squishy hug.

Days like this where these kids simply make your heart melt make me appreciate my job even more.


We are in for a deep freeze here in the desert. Just hoping my van starts in the morning and gets me to work and back. It was 36 degrees this morning and it barely ran but got me to where I needed to be which was my job that pays the bills. I'm loving the cold weather, but there better be a good amount of snow dumped upon us if we are going to be this stinkin' cold.  It's almost like having a swimming pool, but no water in it. You love the pool...when the water is inside it.  Know what I mean?

I managed to stock up this evening on some food for the kids and I this weekend. I think I may head back tomorrow after I pick up the kids and get some water and a few more essentials in case the deep freeze causes the power to go out. It hasn't happened before, but doesn't mean it won't this time.

Always be prepared....or be prepared...isn't that either the boy scouts or the Army's motto?

So I'm preparing.

Well, it's 8 minutes until Grey's Anatomy is on. I'm not really impressed with this season's episodes lately. I'm watching the live rendition of the Sound of Music, it's more like background noise, than me actually WATCHING it. I loved the movie with Julie Andrews. One of my all-time faves of this lifetime.  Not sure I have any other lifetimes to go, I'm not a cat. I'm just saying that it's a good movie...the original one is anyway...and the music is pretty good too.

I need to buy the soundtrack is what I really need to do one day....when I'm rich...or not poor, whichever comes first.


It's now 10:45 p.m.

I missed Grey's and the rest of the Sound of Music.

My friend called me from back home in the great Hoosier state.

She is well.

Freezing her ass off too.

We chatted for almost an hour and a half, just enough time for me not to catch any of the shows I had on my list this evening.

Do I care that I missed them?

Not really.

She probably did me a favor in the long run.

I'll find out just as soon as I find my damn remote control to the TV and can watch this stuff on Demand.

Until then, I'll just keep posting random blogs and do the usual things that keep me entertained on a long, lonely night.

Actually my long, lonely nights will be ending come tomorrow night.

My kids are back again for the week.

YAYYYY!!!

I had a lot more to talk about but for the moment I'm too damn tired to remember what they were.

I was in the middle of this blog, remember?, when my friend called me.

She probably did me another favor there too, because I'm sure whatever it was I was going to blog about probably wasn't all that interesting anyway.

Not that what I've written thus far this evening is Pulitzer Prize winning material either.

It's late, I'm tired and I just want to get tomorrow over with so I can be with my kids.

I miss them.

It's been quiet around here.  Too quiet.

And the sea monkeys will need to be fed.

And the birds need some one on one time with the kidlets here.

Yeah, kidlets, like niblets only...well...kids.

I really need to go.

Not making much sense here am I?

But I'm still gonna post this regardless.

Told my son(Youngest Twin) "One day you will look back on these blogs and have a good giggle or think about your own kids or gain a new perspective on something." He wanted me to read the blog post from two days ago to him while he sat on the toilet in my bathroom here while I was editing it before posting.

So I did.

He enjoyed it by the way. Said it was a good one.

That kid's gonna make a fortune some day.

Have a lovely Friday and an awesome weekend.

May or may not be back...we'll see.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

Any ransom note yet?
I'm sure H.L.F. won't hurt the remote, if you give her a few socks.

Well, we can only hope.

Take Care B,
Ed