Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday the 13th....Just Another Day on the Calendar For Me

I just got done taking out my pepperoni and sausage pizza from the oven.

On my way to the stove, I was greeted by a not so little cricket hanging out in my kitchen. I almost stepped on the poor guy. Lucky for him(and the bottom of my sock) I saw him before my foot did.  I said "Oh hey there! You scared me!" He just crawled along to the side of my sink cabinets and he is now hanging out near the living room/kitchen entryway under the cabinet.

Yes, my life has resorted to talking to the crickets in my home now. I'm actually kind of relieved. At least he's real, unlike Norman my imaginary friend here. (I must find that blog post that explains "Norman" it's a joke between a friend of mine and I about when I find myself talking out loud in anger, sadness or utter glee on the rare moment that glee happens.)

Anyway, so I got my pizza and a drink of the soda variety, and sat my tired and content ass down here at the computer. Thought I would blog a little and play a little Papa Pear as well. I was on this stupid level 111 for what seemed like an eternity.  It was more or less 2 1/2 to 3 weeks of my evenings and weekends that I played on that stupid level. So, as my luck would have it, on what some folks consider to be the most unluckiest day of the year, my luck changed and I finally got those damn carrots all down and got the score target to advance to the next level.

Got through level 112 unscathed and I am now on level 113, and from the looks of things it may be another Friday the 13th before I get another level up.

This pizza is pretty tasty. I happen to hate pepperoni, but for some reason this pepperoni is bearable. They didn't have any just sausage or just cheese pizzas out there at the store I went to, so I settled for this one. Didn't feel like getting out of my van again just to go and purchase some sort of Taco surprise from Taco Bell which is the only thing within my budget these days when "dining out" so to speak.

Another random thought, lately I've been having random thoughts from my life popping in and out of my head.  It's the weirdest thing. I was thinking about my grandmother's house, thinking about a time when I dated my first husband(been married twice if you must know), thought about when I lived with a friend of mine before I dated my first husband, thought about my second husband for a brief moment and then that was gone. It wasn't like I was missing these people, but I could "see" in my mind different scenarios from our past together. Nothing romantic, just random things. An apartment, or a certain bar we'd frequent. I also had visions of sugar plums dance through my head....not really...just wondering who is still paying attention here.

I also had these thoughts of my childhood, a cousin of mine and when we use to sing "Let it be, let it be, let it be let it be...simple words of wisdom let it beeeee..." She probably doesn't remember doing that, but I do. It wasn't anything really important in my life these snippets, but they are coming out en mass lately.  My childhood bedroom or a neighbor, or time I spent with my kids long ago, who are now adults or moved to another state.

It's weird.

I know people think about people they miss or love/d at one time, but these stupid thoughts happen during my work day, when I need to be working. I'm usually still working when they come, but I'm mopping a spill, or wiping a table, stuff like that. When my mind is not busy forming words to interact with others is when these thoughts pop up.

It's not like I'm trying to think of someone or maybe, perhaps someone is thinking of me??

Don't know.

*shrugs*

Done eating pizza now.

What else can I talk about here? While I literally will hear crickets chirping soon I'm sure.

Nope that's just the birds.

Today at work was "listen to the preschoolers say all the naughty words they know day". Not really, but it sure seemed like it. We had a couple of kids who decided to share their not so nice words with the rest of the class today at random times throughout the day.

*some days it's just too damn hard to keep a straight face*

I'm telling you this next full moon has kids, all kids, my kids at work and at my house just saying and doing things they normally wouldn't say.

This should be called the "Naughty Moon" because in all honesty kids have been naughty this entire week.

A bag of coal will line their stockings this Christmas if they aren't careful and make amends for the naughtiness they have succumbed to this week. I am talking about my kids at home now, my flesh and blood kids  more than the kids at work.  Because those kids are babies, my kids are MY babies, but not babies anymore.

(still with me?)

My kids need to make some serious amends here soon. Nicer to their sister for starters and lay off the phrase "Shut up" when it comes to all three of them here and not just my boys.

We planned our Christmas Eve dinner.

It is as follows:

Turkey
Green Bean Casserole
Pillsbury Buttery Crescent Rolls(Tons of them as my boys requested. They could probably eat a whole can of each of those by themselves...I'm going with 2 packs of rolls, that's 16 crescents...that should hold them over for a bit)
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Creamed Spinach(if I can find the damn recipe...yeah I know...GOOGLE IT)

This is in addition to the dessert spread we will have before us which will include but is not limited to, this:

Roshky
Baklava
Cherry Cream Cheese mini tarts
Nut Cups
And of course the ever popular around our house this time of year....the magical gingerbread cookies this time made with the milk and honey added before we throw the dough in the fridge.

Sugar cookies

All of these items baked by me( and some with the assistance of my mini-pastry-chefs here).

I thought about putting this into two different blog posts. 

I'm too lazy to do that, so I'm just gonna keep right on typing and you (whomever you are) can continue reading if you choose to do so.

My son saw a wolf the other day on our way to work/school for them. He was the only one who saw it's face. I didn't see it at all nor did my daughter. I meant to look up the Wolf/Coyote totem and see what it means. (Let me do that now while I am talking about this). I explained to my son that the Native Americans believed in spirit guides, animal guides and totems. Not sure which one this is for him if it is even anything at all, could have just been a random sighting of the wonders of nature.

They wanted to know what this coyote/wolf(he wasn't sure which one it was, it sounded like a coyote from his description but he kept saying it might be a wolf) was doing in the desert near the freeway. We are close to the mountains anywhere here in sin city, so any type of animal is likely to be found on/near your local freeway and neighborhood driveway.  I said that he was probably looking for food, or lost his pack, or just felt like taking a vacation.

Okay I didn't say that last part, but maybe this coyote/wolf was like "Seriously? Another coyote pack trip to visit the dog on the corner of 9th and Owens(making the street up here, not sure if 9th crosses owens out here or not. Not even sure if there is a 9th street if there is it's downtown somewhere. Okay back to the coyote's conversation with the pack here...). I'm heading over to the middle of the desert near the busy freeway where I could possibly endanger my own life by dodging cars, but it will be fun to scare the living daylights out of the humans when I growl".

*time for me to end this blog maybe??*

Anyway, I want to link this to my blog here. I have to show my son this when he comes back in a week.

Here is an interesting site I just found when I googled coyote:  http://www.spiritanimal.info/coyote-spirit-animal/

Alrighty then.

Tomorrow we will be discussing religion/spirituality and all that fun stuff. I had a really interesting conversation with my children about religion/spirituality today. 

Have a lovely morning/noon/evening.


A key to my dreams, an eye for the truth,
An ear open to spirit for messages bold,
Will break down illusions and transform my life,
So I remake myself in a positive mold.

- D.J. Conway
http://www.spiritanimal.info/
 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

Okay I'm down like Charlie Brown with the dessert menu. But you have way to much green food for the dinner part. Yuck! What the heck is a 'sugar plum' anyway? Guess I could Google it? Way to lazy.

I get the really cheap grocery store pizzas. The $1.38 at Wally World cheep pizza. The box says that there is peperoni on it? I haven't been able to identify it by taste as yet. So it may be there?

What is a 'Sugar Plum' anyway? I guess I could Google it? Nope, way too lazy. Ever get that Daju Vu feeling? Well this isn't it. I just random thought it. I hate when my brain tries to be subtle and trick me into doing stuff. I wonder if it's getting a kickback from Google for every time it tricks me into Goggling stuff?

I know I spelled Daju, Daja wrong. How do you Google a foreign word that you cannot spell in the first place? It's a dilemma. Way too taxing an issue at this hour. I'm going back to bed B.

Later I'll get up and watch my second favorite Christmas time movie. "The Hogfather" I need a good laugh. I guess it's time for a few visions of dancing fruit. Sugar Plums as it were. Enjoy your weekend B.

Ed