Saturday, December 7, 2013

Good Morning!

Miscellaneous Christmas Comments
There is nothing more "Christmas-Like" than snow.

I'm hoping we get some this morning. The winds are picking up and the mountains briefly disappeared under a cloud of white blowing snow about an hour ago, but it hasn't reached us yet. Sure hope it does, the wind is wickedly whipping around the trees out there and the clouds are that grey/white color they usually get before a good snow comes about.

My son keeps looking out the window to see if it is snowing yet.

This is Vegas, we know all about the odds out here. I doubt very highly we'll get a dusting let alone a single flake of snow.

But I don't want to quash my son's hopes.

So instead I just continue to engage in the conversation about the snow with the hopes that Mother Nature decides since I'm so damn broke this year for Christmas and will have maybe a spittle of gifts under the tree, perhaps she can smile down on my son and grace him with the gift of snow along with a little accumulation.

It's possible.

Highly unlikely, but possible.

I have so much to do today I don't know where to begin.

I started with blogging.

That's always a good start to any day.

Even if only one soul reads my daily/weekly posts it's nice to know someone has the time of day to peruse my daily/weekly banter.  I do have one faithful follower, and I have often thought that maybe he should do a guest blog and we'd be like Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon, or Jimmy Kimmel and Guillermo. That's what it feels like around here on my porch these days. This is a compliment by the way and not a complaint. 

I know this blog will never get me a gig in some fancy magazine, or allow a book publisher to offer me a book deal, but I find my blogging to be most therapeutic and some day, as I told my son last week, the opportunity for he and his siblings to re-live some day all the silliness and daily events that happened with their mom...and between him and his siblings too long ago.

This is like an online diary of sorts I guess.

My son is out in the living room watching that movie "UP".  That's a cute movie. The little boy in this movie is hilarious.

It's not exactly my choice movie to sit and watch from beginning to end though. It's cute, but not cute enough for me to sit and watch for two hours.

So yesterday I'm at work and we are doing expressive art. Basically that is letting the kids run free on paper with a crayon or two.  So I'm sitting at the table and one little boy says out loud "Look at my fart!" He is scribbling away on his "fart" and it took everything in me not to lose it when he said that. With the most serious face I had to offer, I asked him "What is that?" He says "A fart Miss Barbie".

"Oh." I nodded.

Then the boy to the left of him says "I have a fart too!" And he is scribbling furiously on his paper with an orange crayon on his fart. 

I couldn't with every muster of seriousness tell him "That's a beautiful fart Joey."

So I just said, "Nice."

Because I knew if I lost it and said "Fart?! You're drawing a fart?!" The whole morning would be consumed with many 2 and 3 year olds chanting the word fart.

And we didn't need that kind of craziness in the classroom, that's for sure.

These kids say the most hilarious things. I really should write a book about the things these kids say.

My coworker and Friend, D, asked one of the kids which one of us is funny. Right away the little boy points to me(imagine that). "Miss Barb is funny," he says with this cute little grin on his face.

I start dancing and saying "Yippee, I'm the funniest, yippie."  I told D that I was glad that he didn't say I was funny looking but just funny.

Made my day.

I do get silly in there. We both do for the most part, we have to with all those little kids in there. They'd get bored to death if all we did was color papers, learn letters and numbers and recite the song of the day. We have to make it exciting and fun for these kids. They have a very, very short attention span.

So I do things like using theatrical voices when reading books, or if I drop my pen/pointer on the floor I'll say "Boink!" and they all giggle. Or I'll dance around to a song I make up to get them to listen.

It gets the job done.

They are, for the most part, good kids.

They make me smile. They make my job worth going to in the morning.  And as much as I'd rather be spending my days with my own kids in their own classrooms, for now these kids are my kids when my kids aren't there with me to hang with.

I do love these kids like they were my own anyway.

Well, I need to get going. My son isn't feeling too good this morning. He smacked his head on the arm of the couch last night when he was horsing around with his brother. I told them to stop it. I was on the love seat with my daughter we were drawing with our toes and a pencil(don't ask) on her paper and trying to make words because that is what our silly selves do with our free time together. We were just cracking up at some of the things we made with our feet.

The boys were being totally rambunctious and I asked them to stop. I asked once and told them twice. Then I heard the loud thud and looked up and my youngest twin is holding his head lying on the couch in a fetal position.

"I told you to stop," I said in that raised mommy-tone voice with "I told ya so" attached to it.

He slithered off the couch and onto the floor whimpering. Okay, life lesson over, time to assess the wound and cuddle with him.

I got him back on the couch and we got under the blanket and I tried to rub the Ow-ee out of him. Kissed his forehead and he finally felt a little better; still sore, but better.

You would think that this would be a learning moment for him, but my boys ever so much the gluttons for punishment will surely be back again, on that same couch, doing that same thing with me saying the exact same things I said to them last night.  Guaranteed.

Now I'm really going to go.

My son fell back asleep and I need to find my kitchen. It's in there somewhere.

Will be back later. My other son just woke up.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

Hope the head wound is much more better now?

Let me get this straight.
To get a hug and a kiss on the forehead, all I have to do is knock myself silly on your couch?
Crap I knew I was doing it wrong.
All this time making with the flowers, the movies and dinners.
All I needed to do was a little self abuse on your couch, and some method acting?
Crap.

Humm? I suppose I'd have to move to Vegas?
Nope that won't work for me at all.
What would I do without the thunderstorms and hurricanes and 90+% humidity?

Nope that just would be to enjoyable coupled with the hug and forehead smackaroo.
The kiss, not the couch head-butt.

I you're still having trouble with finding the kitchen just do a Google Earth for it.

Take Care.
Loved the last few blogs btw.

Ed