Monday, December 9, 2013

Post #170....Eh...I'm Running Out of Catchy Blog Titles

I FOUND THE REMOTE!!!!

I am once again a happy camper here. I don't know how I didn't see it before. I looked for it in vain for the past week, checked under the couch what felt like fifty times and never saw it. However, it's black so very hard to see under a large couch with a black cloth that drapes a bit in the middle bottom of the couch.

I also found my kitchen and my living room. My daughter found her bedroom.  I was so proud of her I didn't even have to ask her to do it, she just did it. Cleaned and organized her closet, floor and even vacuumed. I was so happy to see her enthusiasm with cleaning around here. Any cleaning is highly appreciated in this place.  Especially when I don't have to grovel and beg to have it done.

I'm still waiting on my oldest twin to do the bathroom that he said he'd do for me hours ago.  Thinking I may have to cave and just do it myself.

Today wasn't a bad day. I dread tomorrow though. I always hate Mondays.  This is how I pretty much feel on any given Monday:




Days Of The Week Comments
I'll take a Tuesday any day, or better yet eternal Fridays. That would be lovely.

I love these graphics on this website I use. It's called MagickalGraphics and I have a button for it located on my main blog page.  Check the site out. I'm not sure if new graphics are posted anymore, because I found this site back in the Myspace Days of long ago. (Yes, Myspace, Remember that site?)  I use to love changing the backgrounds and images on my profile page to either a) suit my mood for the week or b) the season we were in. I had a crap load of graphics and playlists and I just had a fun time on there.  Then they changed the format. Tried to be more like Facebook and less like Myspace. Whatever happened to not succumbing to peer pressure, being unique, like the formula in Coca-Cola?  

I left as in I never went back.

Sure I still have all my photos and blogs and what not over there. But I have not graced the pages of Myspace in at least six months, when I went to look for some photos of my kids that I wanted to view again.  Haven't been there since.

This whole social media thing has gotten out of hand anyway. Personal interaction is being replaced with texts and instant messages. I am not a big fan of that at all as I know you are aware if you read my blog on a daily basis. This blog *HERE* explains it more in detail.  I won't rehash what has already been hashed around here.  

I've said my peace on the topic.

My kids and I had the most delicious dinner.  They said it was better than a Thanksgiving feast.  We had cheesy chicken and rice casserole with broccoli in it, green bean casserole, salad with ranch and crackers sprinkled in it, and my all time favorite dinner item....Pillsbury Buttery Crescent Rolls. Yum, Yum, Yum!!!!

I could eat the whole roll of those crescents myself they are so yummy!

We watched the Detroit/Philly game today. Goodness, it was like watching the Bad News Bears(not the ones from Chicago, the baseball kids from the movie). Those grown men were out there, in at least six inches of snow(probably more)out there on the field, sliding and skidding around that field. At one point I saw the quarterback throw the ball and hit someone in the head. I was cracking up, as were my boys, when that happened. It looked hysterical. All the fumbles, all the guys falling into that snow, it looked like fun. My boys kept saying they wished they could play football in that snow too. 

Hate to break it to ya boys, but that won't happen here in Vegas.

Then we played some Sorry! and I swear that was the longest game of Sorry! I ever played. We kept sending each other back to start and I thought I'd never get anything done around this place. I didn't care really, because whenever the game ended the mess would still be in the apartment anyway. I also played a few games with my daughter before the boys woke up. That was fun spending time with just her. I love my boys, but it's nice to have some mommy daughter time together once in a while. 

She asked me if we could go get our nails done sometime. I said "Sweetie, when mommy can afford an actual manicure we'll BOTH go."

She smiled.

Breaks my heart. Would love to do something like that once a year, but right now in my life, it's not gonna happen anytime soon.


It's Monday Morning here. I didn't get to finish my blog last night because the kids and I baked some cookies and played some Sorry! and a couple of games of Rummy.  We were laughing so hard at one point the boys and I had tears in our eyes. They made a comment somehow using the planet Uranus in whatever they said and the look on my youngest twins face, the seriousness of it just made me lose it. You know all little kids seem to have fun with that word at least once in their lifetime.  We didn't get to bed until well after midnight as we started watching some episodes of Friends on TV. I sure hope my kids wake up this morning. I also hope my van starts. The wind chill out here was 17 degrees this morning according to one of our local meteorolgist's Facebook page. I have a feeling I may be a tiny bit late this morning. Let's hope not as I already lost two days worth of pay due to the Thanksgiving day 4-day weekend.

I have to finish my Christmas shopping. It's times like this I wish I had a special someone. A special someone who could load all the toys into my van and help me carry them up a flight of stairs to my apartment. A special someone who could even wrap them with me. But I don't have a special someone other than myself, so fighting crowds, standing in line for an hour and carrying the toys up the steps will belong to me only. I don't want a special someone, I have a few guy friends, but none that I want to date. Either they are married or simply not my type.  After all the failed relationships I have been in I am very, very picky about who I would choose to date and those specifications are the reason I am still single...and for the most part happy.

Stupid Hallmark movies are the reason I get all weepy around this time of year and realize just how alone I am. Actually those movies aren't stupid just the happy couples in them are.  Of course, as usual, I watch them, I miss being a "couple" with someone and then it passes after that stupid New Year's Kiss moment goes by and the new year starts over.

Then I'm fine again.

Well, it's almost time for me to get ready for work and wake the kids. Sure hope they are cooperative this morning. They hate Mondays as much as I do.

I hope whomever stops by my page has a lovely Monday. Have a lovely week in the event you don't come back here. Have a lovely life as well I suppose. (hee hee)

Okay time to scoot here. I have lots to do before 9 a.m. starting out with bracing for that windy chill outside and motivating myself to go out there to begin with.









Miscellaneous Christmas Comments
Magickal Graphics

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

Coke changed the formula. Went to "New Coke" then "almost" back to Coke. When it went to and returned, the recipe changed. They changed from "Cane Sugar" to that "Sucrose" stuff.

It may be the same results physically, diabetes, empty calories etc. But my taste buds know it isn't the same.

How much is a manicure anyway? Just curious. You never know a good fairy could put a buck or two in your PayPal account for Valentines day. (To help with a visual think Hulk Hogan as a tooth fairy, from the movie he did.) Assuming you have a PayPal account? Needs to be a separate account to your real email. That way you don't have weirdo's writing you. Learned that from a Female friend a couple of years back.

You hate texting? Isn't this sort of a long text? In reply to your even longer text?

I'm just sayin.

Have an awesome week.
Ed

Barb said...

I know the new coke was crap...and that was back in the day when my whole family drank pepsi anyway. I don't know what I'd do without my current coke...I hate pepsi now too. Makes me sick.

Not sure how much a manicure is. I don't have a pay pal or a good fairy. Don't do banking or pay bills or do anything that requires "sensitive information" to be shared like my hard earned money.

And no this isn't like texting. Texting, in my opinion, is brief snippets of conversation on a cell phone (and maybe a tablet..don't know never owned one and by the time I do own one it will be just as archaic as rotary phones and 8-track tapes). Blogging is more of an online diary/journal. Not really a conversation persay, just random thoughts for myself to share with others to listen(err..umm...read) to me rambling on and on about. Doesn't require the reader to reply although replies are welcome and appreciated.

Not to mention my chubby thumbs don't hit random characters that make the word ask look like ass or thing look like thong when I blog. I did that once, I sent a text to my sister telling her I got gifts for christmas for my daughter and needed to get some thongs for my boys. She just about choked on her soda when she read that. Turns out I meant things not thongs for my boys. She knew it but still it pisses a person off when you have continually backspace, delete, backspace, correct etc...annoying for me to say the least.

By the time I finish one sentence in a text I'm ready to throw my phone through a window or at someone...

Anyway...not sure how awesome my week will be...not feeling well...instead of getting snow with this stupid deep freeze we're in I got a cold.

Lovely.

Enjoy your week.