Saturday, December 28, 2013

Feeling a Little Accomplished Today

So let's see, it's a mere 360 more days til Christmas. Have you gotten your shopping done yet?

Just kidding.

Well, I guess I'm kidding. Although those after Christmas sales can really get you some good deals. If you are willing to stand in line with other folks who have returned gifts only to buy more gifts with the gift money they got back. They either return an ugly sweater from Aunt Gertrude, or maybe that noisy firetruck from Aunt Pearl that their two-year old son won't stop pressing the button on.

I went out today. It's amazing what the outside world looks like on a Saturday afternoon. There are people out there. Lots of people, and birds and cars and all kinds of cool stuff.

Yeah, that's my sarcasm once again.

I managed to get to Target and got a gift card for one of my sons, and a few odds and ends for me....some goodies that I needed because I deserve a good treat every now and again.

I finally bought some underwear.

Quit blushing, it's just underwear it's not like they were thong undies or something and it's not like I am describing them in great detail. Although they did have some cute colors and designs. So I got a pack on sale because that is what one does when ones' panties are literally falling apart.

They buy new ones.

Then they don't buy again for another three or four years which is how long it's been since I got myself a good pair of undies. Those suckers were bleached until even the white came out of them, then they were just toilet paper like cloth with elastic holding them together.

*shivers at the thought*

I also got a purse.  I loved the purse I had, my mom gave it to me. It has sentimental value to it. I will more than likely give it to my daughter. It has a slight tear at the top but she can still put her "makeup" or hair ties or Pet Shops in it. I can't bring myself to throw it away. I won't do that. 

The purse I got is definitely big enough to fit all the crap I shoved into that tiny purse I got from my mom without tearing it up, plus a can of hair spray, curling iron and my lunch if I need to fit it in there. Although the only thing I don't like about this purse is I have to fumble to find my phone. Didn't think about my phone when I bought it. I just liked the color and the size of the thing.

So I bought it.

The sacrifices one makes in order to find a good fashion accessory.

Then I headed out to pay my rent and go to the grocery store for some soda. As I was walking in the parking lot some old fella in a very new black car decided he was just going to pull out of his spot without any consideration for the people walking behind his vehicle. That "people" would be me.  I said "Whoa dude!" and looked at him and kept walking.

Some people should not have licenses.

In my opinion he was one of them.

And I still can't believe that I said "Whoa dude!", clearly I've been hanging out with too many tweens these days or something.

I got my soda and left the store. Mailed out the cards to my kids and then I headed home.

Cleaned my kitchen, opened the window and patio door to get a good breeze going in here, because when the heat is on and you've been cooped up in an apartment for well over a month, it's nice to get some fresh air rolling around to wash away the stuffiness and "ick" in the place.

I made some spinach and artichoke dip with some chips, had some tortellini for lunch/dinner and now I've been on here playing Papa Pear and hanging out on Facebook for about 40 minutes now.

I'm trying to find my room too.  I just brought a bag in here to start discarding junk that I no longer need. I really want to start the new year out on a fresh note. A good, positive note so that I don't have anything holding me back or cluttering up my life that I don't need. 

Something good has to come next year. New Year's Day is a New Moon. What is a new moon? A time for new beginnings, abundance, new chapters...etc...

I am however, bummed that soapnet will no longer be available on my cable provider's line up anymore, but in all honesty I think I'm going to just go with netflix and pay the bundle price for phone/internet and call it a day. I think I'm switching providers too. Got a better deal with DirectTV.  I watch Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars on Soapnet. I'm so bummed. It's bad enough I had to live without Judging Amy when they pulled it off of TNT like seven years ago and then FlashForward back in like, 2006, now I have to live without Gilmore Girls too?? Is there any justice left in the world?

*puts palm on forehead and slumps over in chair in an overly dramatic fashion*

*insert deep sigh*

Yeah, I know, I'll survive.

Well the room is not going to clean itself up. It would be nice if I could just wiggle my nose like Samantha on Bewitched and everything would fix itself up on it's own, but I live in the real world(sometimes) and must do some things solo.

Ugh.

I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow.

Toodle-Loo!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

My New Years' resolution. Yes just one. Put everything off until next Hew Years.

Then after a good think on it, I'll decide what my resolution, or resolutions should be.

Now that that is out of the way for another year, time for a short one on one devotional with good old ST Elijah.

Happy New Year B & Family.
Ed