Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My Day in a Nutshell

So Roberta Lynn Finklestein still has my remote*(See yesterday's blog post for the clarification on the name).

Haven't found it yet.

Haven't found my nail clippers either. That was the other thing I couldn't think of that was missing the other day. My feet will look like reindeer hooves if I wait another week to trim them...the nails that is, not my feet...wait to trim my nails.

Okay maybe not that bad, I can go a week or so but I get really OCD'ish about my nails even though nobody ever sees them except for me.

Weird huh?

I had a fairly decent morning. Went outside and saw teeny weenie flakes floating around out there. At first I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me, but nope, it was indeed snow.

I smiled.

Nobody around to see me smile, but I didn't care. Because I knew it would be a good day.
For the most part it was a good day, until the end of my shift.  The last half hour was ungodly long and painful. My pained self was trying so hard to make it without shedding a tear. I have these little ones who need me to be strong.

I couldn't do it.

The pain won out. Top that off with some very energetic children and forget trying to keep it together when your insides feel like they are coming out of your body twisting and jarring and just hurting so badly.

I felt like Santa in this photo here:


Funny Christmas Comments

I lived to tell about it.

Thought about calling in sick tomorrow, but it was a passing thought, nothing more. I have bills to pay. I can't afford to call in sick.  I remember last  year having the actual flu; aches so bad that I couldn't move at all, my lower back hurt so bad even when I  had to sneeze, vomiting , fever, chills the whole nine yards, and my sorry ass went to work for 2 days with that shit. I even went to a work related class on that Saturday. I had some pizza, thought my flu was over, hell no, it was waiting for me to have some really tasty stuff to give back to the porcelain throne apparently.  I spent the weekend on my couch and basically in a sleep-induced coma pretty much. I remember snippets of my life that weekend, and returning to work that following Monday, still hurling my cookies, only for my boss to finally allow me the opportunity to leave an hour and a half earlier than my end of shift.

I thanked her so much then headed home where I slept the rest of that flu away from 5:30 that night until 6:00 the following morning...uninterrupted.

I felt like a new person when I returned to work that Tuesday morning.

I couldn't remember the last time I was that sick. I think I was drunk when I was that sick and it only lasted a day and that was back in my twenties. I haven't been "drunk" in years. I still don't understand why people drink to the point of near-death intoxication just to have fun.  What kind of fun is hugging the toilet or laying on a ice cold bathroom floor waiting for the next round of "What did I drink tonight?" to appear.

*shivers*

Enough about that.

So we are suppose to get some snow this weekend. I smiled again to myself in the van on the way to work this morning when they gave that weather report. "Snow in the valley on Saturday"(insert big grin). Gee, I miss that stuff.

I think I'm going to go to bed.

It's been a long, long day.  I took a shower and feel a little more relaxed, but the pain is coming and going here and there.

For now the pain is "there" and not "here" thank Goodness.

I still have to clean out the bird cage and check on the boys sea monkeys.  Oh yeah, they got sea monkeys for their birthday. I felt bad for my oldest because his didn't hatch...at all...the first 13 days. My other son had like fifty of those little suckers swimming around in there by day five.  Okay, not fifty, but about 11 or so of those little critters in his tank.

I remember the week they went to their dads. I sat there and talked to that tank. I said "Come on, there has to be at least one of you in there. Just hatch pleeeeease." Like some kind of miracle in a kid's tv movie, the kids came back from their dad's a few days later, and I heard the excitement in my son's voice when he said "MOM! ONE HATCHED!!!"  I ran over to see, and there inside his tank was this teeny tiny little guy jsut floating around in there.

I told him he should name it Nemo.

So he did.

Now I have to check on the birds and the sea monkeys and I thought about buying them a Hermit Crab for Christmas. We'll see about that one.  Still on the fence if I will do that or not. Because everything I buy when it comes to the boys has to come in sets of two.

I'm really getting off of this thing now. I need some rest.

I shall leave you all with a graphic that sums up a place where I wish I could truly spend the holidays with my children...







Yule Comments & Graphics



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

Watch "The Hogfather" movie. It's based on a book, a series, it explains where the socks go.

Way cheaper then a micro chip.

Take Care B,

Ed