Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Another Day of Mindless Randomness

Whew!

That was a close one.

I had no computer the entire weekend.

My world practically ended.....

The monitor was shot.  I had to spend twenty of my hard earned dollars on a new monitor. That was really hard to part with, but I figured with this cold snap hitting the desert region here, I'd better be prepared when my kids come back so we all have something to occupy our time if we get a bad case of cabin fever.

I don't even know where to begin here. What shall I start with first?

Let's see...

For starters, my remote control is gone. Poof! Vanished into thin air. I kid you not. My daughter had it the day after she was sick. She was laying on the couch and that was the last I saw of that sucker. I dug my hand into the couch and the love seat like I was diving for gold. It wasn't in there. I moved the furniture, I even checked the trash. I checked her room, the dining room table, chairs and even the boys room. Checked the bathrooms too.

It's gone I tell ya!!! I'm beginning to think I have a little Casper living in here. Why can't Casper take my garbage and lose it(somewhere outside preferably) why does Casper have to take my remote? Or the other sock that has lost it's mate? You know what else was missing? My son's belt. He went on a trip with his dad this past weekend, and was throwing a fit because he didn't have his belt on and left it here. His pants were sagging. They were sagging here, but he had a long T-shirt on so it didn't really matter, nobody saw his drawers hanging out anyway.

His dad called to tell me he(my son) was having a meltdown because he wouldn't wear any other shorts but the ones he had on for their big trip to the mountains.  Uh-huh you heard that right...snow in the mountains, freezing cold snow, and my son's ass is up there in shorts. You explain it to me, because I sure can't.  I couldn't find the belt. Looked in his room, laundry room and living room. Again, the last place I saw it was the living room. It was there because I put it there when I dropped it and took  his shorts to wash them that morning. Where the belt went after that was beyond me.

Next morning, I found it, in the same room I searched in the day before. There it was under the inflated pull raft/chair(don't ask..if you must know...it was for a fort they decided to concoct out of a twin air mattress and this raft thing, and some blankets). I know I checked under there the day before. For whatever reason I didn't see it.

I'm still blaming Casper.  I'm also renaming Casper Roberta Lynn Finklestein. *shrugs* What do you think?

So anyway, Roberta Lynn Finklestein (or whatever name our invisible made up friend is here, for the purpose of this blog post) keeps on taking things and not returning them. Of course, I've also cleaned around here. Ever clean up so good, that you put stuff in places thinking you'll remember where you put them?

Yeah, me too.

However, getting back to Friday,  I never touched the remote that day, because I was in the kitchen all morning and part of the early afternoon baking with the kids. From 11:30 to 2:30 my ass was in the kitchen. Other than pee breaks, I was in there most of the day.

I feel lost without my remote.

Of course it's probably a blessing in disguise, because we can't rent movies without it. Of course, we also can't watch any of our On-demand shows either.  I had no intention of renting any movies.  I rented them for the kid's birthdays. One dollar movie flick and one regular price movie for each birthday. That was $12.00 total for both birthdays.

Dark Christmas Comments

I suppose I could talk about what I found Friday afternoon when I sat next to my daughter on the couch. Remember how I said that there wasn't anything on the couch after she got sick?  Well, turns out my daughter, in the depths of her mid-REM vomit-induced state of sleep, managed to hunch herself over the back of the couch and hit the wall just behind it, inadvertently hitting the electrical outlet (which explains why the reset button popped out and I couldn't start my mixer in the kitchen) and all of her dinner was behind the couch all over the wall and the floor.

When I saw it I said to her "Oh there's the turkey you ate at grandma's last night!"

She was not amused.

Her brothers were though.

And then they saw it, "Eww, that's gross!"

Relax boys it's just recycled food.


Damn that wind out there is wicked!

We are getting hit with a major cold front from Canada apparently this week.  Canada can keep their weather, unless they plan on sending snow with this system. Lots and lots and lots of snow or I don't want this system.

Take it back.

The wind chimes are going bananas out there. I hear the screens shaking. It's pretty crazy!

Just waiting on Toto to fly by and wave hello with his front paw sitting in his basket.


This day has been insane.

My day started out fairly well.  For the most part I suppose it started out well. I was dressed for work and ready to go by 8:00 which for me on any given day, especially when my kids are here, is basically a miracle.

I got ready, I wanted coffee as I was out of coffee in my house. So I first stopped at a Starbuck's on my way to work and it was near a Subway down the street which was perfect. They have the $2.00 6" sandwich deal going on(free ad for Subway, do I get a free drink or something? hee hee) I suppose for the whole month of December...maybe?  Anyway, the line at Starbucks took an eternity to get through two people in front of me, so  I left. I went to Subway, got my sandwich and figured I would just grab a Frap-like drink from a local coffee shop out here.

Big mistake.

I gave the girl my order, I wanted a peppermint mocha blended frappy drink. Okay, simple enough. She didn't ask if I wanted whip cream, I didn't say I wanted it. I assumed, as I had been at this place before(many moons ago, they are really pricey, pricier than Starbucks I kid you not) that I would get my damn whip cream. Well, I get my drink, NO WHIP CREAM!  What the F*^*&%!!!!

I was not happy.

I looked at her and said "Oh, don't you put whip cream on here?"
She says "We're out."

'Scuse me ma'am but don't you think it's important to tell the customer there is no whip cream BEFORE they pay and you blend the drink, NOT AS YOU ARE HANDING IT TO THEM???!!!

I would have gotten just a regular damn coffee with cream and sugar for the over-priced $3.00 or whatever it is instead of paying almost five bucks for something I was craving all morning that wasn't even what I wanted.  The whip cream makes the drink. It's like an Oreo without the middle, or a chocolate torte with no frosting, or Ben without Jerry.....it's, it's....a tragedy.

So there I was driving to work with my "flat frapp".

Then some idiot decides he is going to try to race me on a merging lane and I simply slowed down, I was like, "dude you want to pass me, pass me, I have a flat frap, my life pretty much has no meaning at this point. Go ahead, pass me."

So the guy gets behind me, I guess he wanted to toy with me or something. I didn't care, me and my flat frap waited for me to be able to turn left up ahead and eventually he just went around me.

Idiot!

Flat frap in hand I go into work.

Had a fairly decent day I suppose.

Went to pay my cable bill at the local grocery store here in town. Turns out they needed a 21 digit number, all I had on the part of the bill I took in was a sixteen digit number. Called the cable company, then I couldn't get my phone off speaker when the guy asked me to give him my security numbers.

I was like "Seriously!??"

I blame the flat frap...damn you flat frap girl!

Ugh, the customer service guy had already taken my money. So then he had to refund it, and all I wanted to do was go home, have some dinner and blog.

Eventually as you can see, I made it home.

I had my dinner.

And now I'm blogging.

It's getting chilly in here though.

Better go turn the heat on.

So there you go my day in a nutshell.

How was yours?










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

Call your ghost Betty, good as anything else.

Bummer, no whip cream? Her coffee mixing license is under review as we speak. I can tell you, it ain't looking too good for her.

About your sock. I could explain it, but it would be simpler if you watch a movie that explains the cause of said sock disappearances. It's called,

"The Hogfather."

No I'm not kidding. I own a copy of the movie. I want to pick up a copy of the book it's based on someday.

All the best.
Ed

Barb said...

I went to Mc Donald's yesterday. Apparently they have peppermint mocha on the menu for hot coffee but it's too much of an effort for them to squirt it into a mocha frappe. So I couldn't get a Peppermint mocha frappe there either.

Now they are on strike. Maybe they will hire someone who is capable of squirting peppermint into their coffees. If those employees want fifteen bucks an hour I better be able to get some peppermint in my frappe.

There were more missing items by the way that Roberta Lynn Finklestein took. I blogged about it yesterday. Socks should come with microchips in them so you can find the mate when you do laundry.