Saturday, January 11, 2014

It's Just Another Saturday Afternoon Posting

I am sitting here with my Caramel Flan Frappucino and Vanilla Almond Biscotti.

Thank you to the student who gave me the Starbucks gift card this past Christmas. My taste buds thank you even more!

The girl behind the counter was very friendly. Dammit I forgot her name. I think it was Melissa or maybe Melina(???).

I'll just call her Melissa.

Melissa at Starbuck's you rock,  however, that ice queen who was working the drive-thru needs to work on her managerial skills.  I asked this Melissa if they had Biscotti and she didn't know. She asked the "Ice Queen" if they had biscotti and the Ice Queen replied, "Well, did you check down there?" in the snarkiest tone ever, and poor Melissa said "No," and the Ice Queen says, "Well check there..(still snarky)" and I was waiting for her to wave her hand in the air in a dismissing manner.

I was literally shocked at her attitude. 

Seriously!

What I really wanted to do was smack that little snarky attitude right out of that kid and tell her she needs to work on working with her team members as opposed to barking  at them like they are stupid.

Melissa  found the biscotti and I said "Oh goodie, what flavors are there? I'm using them for something I am baking this evening."

"What are you baking?" She asked.

"Baklava."

"Sounds good." She said as she was pulling the different varieties out of the cardboard boxes from under the counter.  Why the hell do they keep their biscotti under the counters where no one can see them, instead of on top of them is beyond me.

*Thinks to self...

Is there a massive Biscotti Robbery Spree going on that I am not aware of?

Should I notify the local neighborhood Crime Watch of a possible Biscotti Robbery Spree?*

ANYWAY!...Where was I? Oh yeah, so I picked out the vanilla almond Biscotti and told Melissa I would take two of them.

As I was waiting for my caramel flan frapp to come up, I decided to buy one more biscotti to eat alongside my frothy drink. I was trying to get Melissa's attention, but poor thing was racing all over the back of the counter making beverages. I smiled at the Ice Queen in hopes she could get Melissa's attention and put my hand up as if to ask her to come over and the Ice Queen ignored me.

True story.

SHE...IGNORED...ME.

She did not say anything such as, "Did you need something else?" or "Can you just go away so I can get rid of these drive-thru people and text my bestie our plans tonight?" or anything even remotely close to acknowledging she saw me.

And I know she saw me, she looked right at me, hence the smile from me and the motion to be heard by the gentle lifting of my hand. Lucky for her, I am a lady(most times), and all my fingers were still keeping one another company as I put them down.

Melissa seemed a bit timid and/or nervous, I assumed it was her first day. So I asked her if it was.

She said, "No, I'm sorry."

To which I replied, "Oh don't be sorry. I don't have anywhere to be right now anyway. And even if I did have someplace to be, it would still be there when I left here."

She smiled.

I placed my two dollars on the counter top and asked for one more Biscotti and I stuck a dollar in the tip container. I wanted to give her more, but didn't have it to give.

I  thanked her for her time and was on my merry way.


Divider Graphics


I had a busy and very productive day today. I was driving all over the place here in Vegas, but at least I'm done for now and can enjoy my evening of solitude and peace in a clean home with some baked goods later on this evening.

I stopped at Walgreen's on the way home and there was a woman there in the Seasonal aisle perusing the wrapping paper. Everything was 75% off in that aisle and I was cracking up with this woman because she was telling me the story of how her son had just got tons of wrapping paper and brought it back to his house. She asked him where he got it from and of course we all know the answer to that question.

So there was this woman, trying to decide which ones to purchase. She was asking me if I knew what holographic paper is, and I told her "Maybe it's like that chameleon paint they use to put on cars back in the 80's. You know it changes colors in the sun?" Then she says to me, "I really should have gotten myself a cart," as she stood there balancing about ten rolls of wrapping paper and grabbing more.

I had to get a basket, because I had a few good little 75% off buys myself there. Some light up Christmas glasses for the kids, and these "happy pills" that when you squeeze them they laugh and giggle in a little kid's voice, and a few other odds and ends. I even found some candy cane pens for eight cents each.

 (I just typed a capital C, thinking there was a Cent sign on my keyboard...whatever happened to that symbol anyway?? Wasn't it on the number six?? Where did the cent sign go?)

So there I was walking to the front of the store with my arms cradling all these small buys I had found and I dumped them into a basket, then I got that poor woman a cart.

I came racing down the aisle with it, and told her "Here this should help."

We continued with small talk about the wrapping paper and then we parted ways. I had to laugh at this woman at one point though before she took off with her cart full of paper, she is telling me "This one is only 3 1/2 yards and this one is 4 yards. This one-," as she holds up the short one next to the long one, "is shorter," as though I am not aware that 3 yards is shorter than 4. I'm sure that wasn't her intent, but it felt like it was.

She wasn't snarky, but comical.


She was cracking me up.



Reminded me of my mom....whom I miss greatly and can't wait to see again sometime in the NEAR future vs. another seven years.

Anyway, as I was leaving Walgreen's I noticed a police officer had pulled someone over.  As I was exiting onto the main road I had to peek at the officer who was walking towards his car and looking in my direction. Oh...MY...GOD! If there was ever such a lovely sight for any single woman out in America or the State of Nevada it was definitely this man in uniform!

*rapidly fans self and wipes beads of sweat from brow*

Good lord, it reminded me of one of those slow motion scenes from some romance movie where the guy is walking in slow motion. I'm surprised I didn't run my van into the pole ahead of me.  I don't know who this officer is, I don't know if he's married or single or in a relationship, but I will say this, he was very, very nice on the eyes. And even if he is married or in a relationship, me looking at him is not doing anything morally or ethically wrong.

I'm just a single gal who saw a nice lookin' fella, uniform or no uniform, he just made me swoon.

What the hell??? Did I just say swoon?!!!!!


Look at what singledom has done to me.  I'm living in the 50's in my head.



Divider Graphics



Well, I just got off the phone with a friend of mine.
Always nice to chat with a friend when you need a good chuckle or two.
We were talking about dating and men and kids and men and kids.
We talked about work and school and then she had to go because the sun is down and she had to get her daughter from the neighbor's house.

Bummer.

I was enjoying our laughfest with one another.

There will be others I am sure.
Wow, two blogs in one day. I could do this all night long to be honest. But I have to get going on my baking here or I'll never get it done.
And I am craving some of those Cherry Cheesecakes and Baklava...and so is my friend.
Have a wonderful day/night/morning.
I'll see ya later.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Again B,

People skills. Fast becoming a lost art. Sadly.

Enjoy the coffee. By the time I finish adding cream & sugar it's sludge. I'll stick to Coke a Cola.

Enjoyed that Backle? Backla? Balaclava did you? Just trying to be funny. Is it working?

Balaclava. Any idea where the names from? See below.

I see you "Got Your Swoon On" Saturday. Good for you. A bright spot on the days running around.

He would start with a little small talk. The ladies love that I hear.

Ahh Hummh. So did you remember that Caesar crossed the Rubicon River on January 10th in 49BC. This was a direct violation of Roman Law. It started the Roman civil war. Lead to Caesar being declared Emperor. The end of the Republic of Rome and the beginning of the Imperial Roman era?" (You see. This is why I have no female friends.)

"Where did the cent key go?" I suspect it was deleted due to the high costs of everything these days. I want to shop where the government shops. That magical place where prices don't go up, thus the gov not needing to give a 'COLA' to the Social Security crowd.

It's most likely located next door to "Tomorrow." That other magical place where everything gets done by your kids. Or me. "I'll do it Tomorrow" I say. Sure I will.

Look on the bright side B. You only went back to the 50's. I was born there. Scary I know.

Balaclava. Turkey. WWI. Brits & ANZACs. Not a happy tale. So I'll avoid the historical Trivia.

Keep Smiling and Blogging B.
I'd sure miss you.

Enjoy your weekend B,
Ed
(Are you feeling the Love yet?)