Saturday, January 11, 2014

It's Around Here Somewhere

My boys are the crane game gurus.

See??



I cleaned their room just now and when I stacked all of these little guys together, I swear I had flashbacks to E.T. and the stuffed animal/closet scene where E.T was "hiding". 

I don't know how my boys do it. They accumulate mass amounts of these little critters every time I turn around.

There are some that were left out of the photo shoot here too. At least five or six more that I am still finding as I wander through the apartment.

And I wouldn't be surprised if I found a few lurking in my van as well.

While cleaning their room I couldn't believe how much "crap" they have in there. Some of it I just threw away.  Other stuff I buried in a box in their closet. I figure if they want to find something bad enough they'll dig through there to get it.

If they can't help me clean it, I can't help them find it.

They'll learn eventually.

I am taking a break from cleaning at the moment. I picked up in my living room and of course did the boys' room, my bathroom and the kids' bathroom, did three loads of laundry thus far,  and am close to number four as I type away here. I had to grab something to eat as I was really starving. No joke.  I went to the cabinet to grab a can of Chef Boyardee Spaghetti O's(or pasta rings as they refer to them) and I was mortified(okay not really) to find out that when I bought the six cans that were on sale at the store last week, this can was a can of shells and meatballs.

I wanted pasta rings not shells.

If I want shells I will go to the beach and find them.

Now my day is ruined.

Not really.

That's sarcasm at it's worst attempt.

I blamed the stock person at the store at first. Probably some teenage kid who is almost ready to leave his shift and race home to finish his war game on the stupid computer, and didn't bother to make sure the O's and Rings were in their respective spots near the label on the shelf. Or maybe the poor kid can't read the labels, because you know our state is 50th in Education(sad I know), and he just stuck it near the other can of shells that some customer who was probably too lazy had put it.

Who knows?

All I know is I was craving O's and I got shells, so I guess I'll just have to deal with it and move on.

*sigh*

I am looking at the TV right now, and there is a pic of that dude from LMFAO...I think I got all the letters in there....sorry dude if I left one out....anyway, I started thinking about my son who, two years ago when Halloween was my holiday with the kids, dressed up in this afro hair, his dad's sunglasses and a black shirt. He drew a beard and mustache on himself, and OH...MY...GOD...we laughed so hard!!! I will post a photo.  I don't post photos on here because, there are a bunch of weirdos out there in internet land, but this photo doesn't even look like my (at the time) 8 year old son!

See for yourself:






Let me just say, I still laugh at this photo every time I see it.

He should have won a prize for this costume.

He was all upset because we couldn't find anything for him to be for Halloween in my price range. 

Then he found the wig, and the face paint and magic happened.

He was trying to look like his dad with the beard thing...but ended up looking more like that rock star guy from that group. 

We had so much fun that year. 

Ran into one of my students at her house that Halloween on our trick or treating adventures,  and  her dad comes out and they both had the same hairdo, my son and him.  We couldn't stop laughing.

I took a pic of that too.

It's around somewhere. I may have forgotten to share it, and it is now deleted and buried forever, but it was hilarious though too.  Plus her dad is really tall and  my son wasn't very tall at the time.

Anyway, I can't wait because this year is my year for holidays.

YAY!!!

Looking forward to the 4th of July.

That will be fun. 

We must find good fireworks.

Yes, I know we barely got through Christmas and half the nation is still buried knee deep under snow and ice and I'm talking about the 4th of July.

It's like 50 degrees out and my windows are open, I'm already into my spring cleaning and winter just began.

Hmm..

Well, time for me to get going.

I could ramble on forever here, but there are dishes to be done(not many) and floors to mop and windows to clean.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

I'm not sure where you "all" are, but I wish more of you would take a moment to leave a comment here every now and then.

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when folks comment. 

Like when someone notices the hard work you do at work and says "Awesome work Barb, here's a pay raise to help you buy that new car. Better yet Barb, let me just buy you a new car instead."

*giggles*

Actions speak a whole lot louder than words.

You can say I do an amazing job all you want to, PROVE IT TO ME, that you mean it.  You can be in a relationship with me and tell me you love me all you want to, PROVE IT TO ME, that you mean it.

Ooo...I'm tip toeing around another blog post here.  Better quit rambling and save those thoughts for another post, or else I'll never shut up.

I better go while I can.

Ha ha!







3 comments:

~RaenWa~ said...

Well we have been in a Platonic relationship for more years than I can count lol & I love you like crazy LOL.

Not sure how I can prove it all the way from Wa but I will have to think of a way.

Mk does the grocery shopping around here I seriously didn't know they still made Spaghetti O's.

Its raining here & has been since last week. We are suppose to get rain next week too I might need to start loading them two by two soon. Enjoy the warm weather.

Barb said...

Yes, you and I have been through more crazy stuff than I can count in our lifetime together, good and not so good, over the years. I love ya too my dear friend. But you already knew that. I suppose you can prove it by hopping your happy ass on a plane and coming to see us....ha ha!!! I know you are just as broke as I am. Send me a snail mail letter...that will have to do for now I suppose.

If you need help building that Ark I highly suggest renting Bruce Almighty for some tips and hints on how to throw one together.

Thanks for the comment. 4,654 views on this blog of mine, and I am amazed there aren't more comments than the ones I have. Although I enjoy the loyal folk, and as I said before I'd much rather have one or two good friends(or in this case faithful followers and friends) than have a 100 who just make me miserable or cause drama. At least my blog is troll-free. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

That is one funny looking kid. I mean that in a good way. As in he is effective at being funny. Moving on.

Wow the comment area is crowded. "Totally Awesome" my Nevada friend. Glad others read your Blog. I find it enjoyable. I need the smiles.

While I too love you Barb. It just won't work. I'm a guy and your a woman, who isn't blind. So it will not work.

I have never had a woman get her "Swoon On" because of me. I'll grant you a couple were weak in the knees. But that was because they were helping "me" move "their" couch.

Well I'm off to post a reply to your more recent Blog. Then it's the dishes turn to have my undivided attention.

Love Ya B,
Ed