Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Gift of a Blog

Friendship Comments & Graphics
 
Okay, for all of you out there who don't like the occasional "sap" post, here's my disclaimer, my "warning" that this is about to get sappy happy. Kind of an oxymoron of sorts, but I just wanted to post this as someone who I DO consider a dear friend is moving out of state and I wanted to give her 
 
THE GIFT OF A BLOG.
 
Because truth be told, I'm broke and couldn't hang out with her at the dinner that everyone from work went to. If it wasn't for an upcoming kid's birthday party and a few more bills I need to pay, I'd of been there with bells on. 
 
She is an amazing person.
She has an amazing heart.
An awesome listening ear.
She has listened to me over the year ramble on about all my woes at work and home. 
 
 
We may not have ever hung out at each others homes, or talked on the phone, or gone out for coffee but truth be told she is still  a dear friend to me, because she was one of a very few people who
REALLY TRULY was there for me, when I just needed a friend. 
 
Definition of a friend:
1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
This is according to The FreeDictionary.com. (link) 
My friend from work basically has all three definitions rolled into one person.
We have laughed so hard together some days at work. 
 Some days we laughed so hard together we nearly cried.
I wish her nothing but the best.
I will say that it's going to be rather hard to get any lemon squares her way, but if she leaves me her address I'll do my best to accommodate that should the need arise.
Spinach dip will be a little bit more difficult....might I suggest Applebee's instead?

Yesterday was a rough day.
I said good bye to two students and their mother, who was in tears as she hugged me and said good bye. She left me a gift from her children, and kept saying "it's just something small", but it could have been a painted rock and I'd of saved it forever and appreciated the sentiment.

Then 5:00 rolled around and I was doing flash cards with the little group of children I had left.
In comes my friend, and I looked at her and then I felt the tears well up inside me.

I knew the time had come....to say good bye.

We hugged and then we had about a five minute conversation and off she went.
I kept crying for about a minute or two.

I tried to stop.

I finally did and then returned to my duties.

It's hard to find really good friends out here.

They are like a diamond in the rough, a needle in a haystack, a winning lottery ticket.

I ran into her one more time as she was chatting with one of our other coworkers in her room.
We had a few more laughs, another hug, a "photo op" and then I left.

It's hard to say good bye.

But I am truly happy for her.

She is going home.

Home is good.

So to my dear friend, I wish you nothing but great things to happen in your life, lots of love and happiness, and I know we will stay in touch, just sucks we have to do it so far away.

There is a saying that says

People come into your life for  a reason, a season or a lifetime.

You gave me the gift of all three:
The reason you came into my life for a season was to let me know that there is hope still that a true friend can be found, despite the odds. And I take comfort in knowing our friendship WILL last a lifetime.

Take care my friend.

See ya on Facebook.

HUGS.


 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

I hope things have gotten better four you?

All the best.

I'll go away now.

Ed