Tuesday, August 20, 2013

When The Full Moon Rises...

....all hell breaks loose.

I'm telling you, sit down in a nice comfy chair. Have a good laugh at my expense.

Seriously, go ahead laugh all you want to. I'm still not laughing, but I know in about two weeks time*(or perhaps two hours even) I just might fall on the floor in an abundant, crazed laughter...and never, ever stop.

I woke up this morning...(that is ALWAYS a good thing)....and I had my coffee, threw a load of laundry into the washer, played some Papa Pear on Facebook, meandered past the boys still sleeping on the couch and checked  on my daughter in her bedroom.  This was 6:30 or so.

I go to grab some cookies my daughter baked the day before yesterday( whatever day that was, shit I can barely remember what today is....Tuesday, right??*insert complex frown of confusion here*)  and I go back to my computer.  About 7 a.m. I begin to rattle the kids around. This is a long-winded process, I kid you not. I can barely get them up by 8:30 some days.  I don't know what we are going to do come Monday when school starts around here. We should be on the road by 8:30 for school and work.

Fast-forward to 8:45, we are getting ready to leave for the day and my daughter asks me if she could go get something out of my van(for the life of me I couldn't tell you all what it was she needed), I am out on the patio and I hear her tiny little voice yell up to me, "Mommy! What's this thing on your window?"

NO WAY!

I had seen the tow folks were out in tow last night(no pun intended) as the neon green tags were all over selected cars in the area. It's like dancing with the pearly gates of Heaven wondering if your number was going to be called that day.

I raced down the stairs like my ass was on fire.

I couldn't believe it.  There it was... a neon green sticker affixed to my driver's side van window.

I.WAS.PISSED.

I hurry the kids up as I had to get to the apartment office and out to work. I was already late for work. I get there and the office is dark. I see a maintenance guy and he informs me that they are out of the office for the morning.

^#%&$%$%^!!!!! (insert expletive of choice going through my brain at that particular moment)

Lovely.

I proceed to work and I arrive, still fuming and in tears and I'm trying to regain my composure.  I grab the plastic bag my lunch was in and as luck would have it...damn thing broke....  *more expletives...this time out of my mouth*  I slam the door shut only to realize I forgot my work smock. Open the door, with that neon green tag staring at me as though it were laughing at me saying "Ha ha you stupid fool!" I wanted to punch a hole in the window beneath that sticker, but I grabbed my work smock, locked the door to the beast and headed into work.

Eight hours is a long time, when nothing in your day is going well.

On my break I had called my boss, called the DMV to ask how much it would cost for me to replace the tags...five bucks...yay me....could of been fifty, I'll count my blessings there. Called the apartment complex and  FINALLY at 3:00 someone answered. She was pleasant, understanding and gave me her word that my van would still be here in the morning. I hope so. I hope her word is as good as gold.

Went back after my lunch break to find some very energetic children who were still awake during naptime. I finally got a schedule flow going and I just kept my mojo up despite the fact I wanted to crawl in the children's bathroom in a fetal position and cry. I cleaned faces, bottoms, noses, and anything else that needed cleaning. I broke up little disagreements over who had more Legos or more dinosaurs. I removed a dinosaur from a child's hair(it's very, very curly), I sang songs and did anything I could to keep the 19 children who were in my care safe and entertained until the other teacher returned from her lunch break.  I listened to the intermittent screams of children who were suffering from cabin fever, which on a desert summer day is very common around these parts.  I chased a child to the door who wanted to flee, although for a brief moment I wanted to help him open the door and join him on his quest to the hallway as it sounded like a good idea for the moment to escape, however, the furthest we could go is to the end of the hallway.

Not worth much to escape for that little jaunt.  So I just decided  to stick around instead and wait for 6p.m.

*holds breath, counts to ten*

I made it.

Despite all the drama of the day and the non-stop obstacles that permeated my life's path today, I made it.

WE made it.

After all that fuss and drama of the morning and afternoon we all made it to return safely to our homes and our lives and our children, mommies or daddies or whomever is where those children call home. 

I just let out a deep sigh.

I'm home.

I still have the beast. I keep looking out my window making sure the beast is still out there. Broken bumper, rust spots and dings galore, my beast is still a welcome sight for me on this full moon night.

Speaking of full moon....for those of you who think that the full moon doesn't affect what happens around us, think again. Scientifically speaking if it can control energy with the tides of the ocean it can certainly control the energy of human beings and the space around them.

I truly believe that.

Especially after a day like today.




No comments: