Thursday, August 28, 2014

I Want To Be Published

I don't know if it will happen.

But I'm going to try my hardest.

I want to be published.

I want a legacy to leave to my children. Some part of me that can be shared with them, when I turn old, grey and die. 

Morbid thought I know.

I've always wanted to be published. When I was in grade school and graduating 8th grade, we had a "look into the future" part of our school newspaper.  For me someone wrote, "Barb will be the next Barbara Walters". Okay, everyone knew I loved to write back then. I was on the paper at school, my English grades were fairly decent (B's and C's) and in high school I was on both the newspaper and yearbook staff. 

It's one of my many passions in life.

To write.

To be published.

To have a monthly stipend that I can use to make my children's lives and my life a little better. To help in the community.  To help education.  To enrich the lives of others. 

Plain and simple.

I'm hoping that some day someone will read my book and say "Hey! I can relate to this!" or "This was a good read, you should check out the ebook." 

I am not sure what I will write about. But I know I want to write it.

So that's my goal for today.

To think about what I can write about....and make it happen.

That's a pretty good goal I think.

Speaking of goals....what's your goal for the day?  For the week?  For the next year from now?

*I hear the wheels spinning*

Sun is rising better get ready for work now.

Until next time.....

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Barb,

As I was told once, "Write about what you know. If you don't know anything, read and learn something. Then write about that."

Remember the 5 W's.
Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
I always thought the How made it finnier.

Where will I be?
Good Question.

Take Care B,
Ed