Sunday, August 31, 2014

Feeling Better Now....

Feeling a little better today.

Yesterday was really icky for me. I hate days like that. They come and go. Sometimes though the one icky day feels like eternity for me. 

I took my kids to the local water park for some last minute summer fun. Nine bucks got us in there, that's all I can afford at this point.  We stocked up on water and for three hours I sat under a canopy in the hot desert sun(it was well over 100 out there today) in my jeans and a t-shirt baking while my kids enjoyed their time in the pool and on the slides.  It went by fairly fast. Got home and made dinner. Now they are feasting on ice cream they bought with money they had saved in their piggy banks.

Well, I've been officially cast out of my friend's life for good. She didn't even give me a chance to apologize or tell her what happened. Another friend of mine, whom I've known for a good 10 years (plus) told me that she was probably upset I got a better job and she didn't. I don't know what to think. I don't read minds. Neither does my friend who gave her theory on this whole thing.  The only person who knows why she deleted me out of her real life is the friend who won't talk to me.  I've had friends like that before in my life. Isn't the first time that someone has shunned me because I got a better deal in life than they did. And what they fail to realize is, they usually have it better than I do anyway no matter how much money I make or where I go in life. 

Whatever.

Done talking about that topic. I am moving forward. I lost a supposed friend because I care about my kids. Crazy huh?  Real friends don't write off a real friend, they talk and work out the issues that are bothering them.

Didn't I say I was done talking about this?

Okay.

Done.

So, I am probably going to be burnt to a crisp by morning.  I will have a lovely farmers tan to show off. Yay me! 

What else is going on in my world?  

Hmm....nothing much really.

I have some laundry and cleaning to do, but that can wait until tomorrow. My kids and I have plans this evening, then I'm going to sleep in tomorrow. Going to sleep in until my body will let me sleep anyway. Today I woke up at 5:30. Yeah, that's right, 5:30. That's sleeping in for me. 

This one girl in our class told us a joke the first day of school. She said, "Knock, knock" and the other teacher and I said, "Who's there?" and she said, "Wouldn't you like to know!"  ha ha ha ha !!!!

These kids are hilarious.

And her presentation was perfect. She's a tiny little thing, would blow away in the wind I tell ya.  

I like this job.

It's a lot of work though.

And this job is something that I've always wanted to do.  Teach.  Really teach. 

So, that's what I'm doing. 

I have to go now. 

Time just got away from me.

I have plans...with my kids....so I need to go. We're done eating dinner now.

Have a wonderful week.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Barb,

It's caked commitment.
And it's not easy.

Water park, it could be a nude park with tons of cute 30 some-things.

If it was a 100 I wouldn't be there if it was free with cable TV on a jumbo-tron.

Better you in the heat then me.

Hang in there B.

Eb says Hi B.

Anonymous said...

Called commitment. Called I say.

Caking commitment would be really, really hard I bet?

Eb says I need to learn to spell or type better.

I think he's right.

Later B.

Barb said...

Caking commitment? What does that mean? LOLL

Not sure I understand what you are saying Ed....I'm lost...(as usual).

:(