Saturday, June 28, 2014

Be Gone You Little Buggers!!!

I'm just sitting here on a Saturday morning listening to my nieghbors arguing with someone while this person is banging on the door yelling at them from the other side. 

Fun times in the hood I tell ya.

I call this the hood, it really isn't in THE HOOD per say, however, it feels like it most days. We had so many things happen in our neighborhood lately, and last year they managed to clean up the riff raff however, they found their way back this past spring. *sigh*

I'm heading out to get my hair cut in a little bit. After this whole lice fiasco, I do NOT want to have to deal with the drama of too much hair ever again. It's just hair, it will grow back again some day, BUT not that I will really want it to be the length it has been for the past four years or so.  It was long, down to the middle of my back long and when the rancid takeover of our heads began three weeks ago, I chopped most of my locks off along with my daughter's. We both had shoulder length bob cuts. Best I could do without a hairstylist's certificate to my name.

I am kind of excited about the new do. Hopefully I will still look like a woman with short hair. I never liked short hair on me. My mom always has but I don't recall many children liking what their parents told them was good. For instance, my mom absolutely adored this guy who was a friend of mine. I would never date him specifically for that reason. I would find something that I didn't like and then somehow, some way, I would not give in to my random feelings of more than friendship for this guy.

Now he's married and has a really really good job and a nice house and the perfect family.  Yay him I say.

I'm not going to be dating for a long time it looks like.  I had a guy I met on that dating website, he was funny, very optimistic and just seemed like someone I could date eventually. We'd never met in person, had been talking a little over a month I believe, and he was fine with waiting until I was comfortable with meeting him some day.  However, this stupid bug thing ruined that for me. I finally told him that although I enjoyed his conversation, that I'd understand if he never spoke to me again. 

My inbox is still empty.

Because I just had a complete meltdown in my email to him. After serious thought I remembered this quote, "If you cannot handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

So that eased my mind a bit after I didn't hear from him. I'm sure there is someone out there for me, just wasn't him.

Not like I have time to date anyone anyway. Too much going on in my life right now. No guy has the patience for all this crap.  And if a guy did, I'd marry him in a heartbeat and make the guy the happiest man on the planet for putting up with my tears, worries and frustrations. 

Oh well, there are more fish floating around the sea of life here...somewhere....I'm sure. *shrugs*

Not a priority. 

Right now my priorities are:

1.  God
2.  My kids
3.  My job
4.  Catching up on all  the bills I am behind on because of the lost days of work due to "Head Infestations of 2014". 
5.  Finally being able to join the women's bible study at church and not pushing people away when they try to hug me.

The church folk where I belong are very huggy. I am not complaining, it's just that when you have had a head full of bugs the last thing you want to do is share them with a new found friend.

Are you scratching your head too??  You don't know how many people(a limited few I might add) who knew of my situation would be talking to me and were scratching their heads. At least they were cracking up about it and not treating me like I had cooties. 

*shivers*

So glad to be done with this crap.

Good riddance I say.

Well, that's all I've got for now. Just want to enjoy my weekend. Been a few weeks since I've been able to do that. I can't wait to get some normalcy back in our lives again.

Have a great weekend.

I'll try and get back again this weekend if I can.

 







 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb,

The reason I disappeared, I received a notice that I was bared from the blog.

Then I later got an update that you had posted to your blog. Which I left a comment to.

Then it wouldn't let me leave a comment to your last post. But I could read it.

So here I am trying again.
Hope you have a good weekend.

Ed
Eb says Hi.

Barb said...

Howdy Ed!

Yeah, I closed my blog down I wanted to revamp the site a little bit. I only got as far as changing the template. That was it. So I just put it back out here.

I don't know why you couldn't leave a comment on the previous post. I didn't have any special settings on that one. Hmm...??? Try again maybe??? 3rd time's a charm perhaps??

Well, have a great Sunday. Nice to see ya again! :)