Wednesday, July 9, 2014

It's True

I have been busy in the real world these days, just trying to get through each day as it comes.

I have been to church now the past month, enjoying it with my children and the family I have come to know in the church.  I am a transformed person.  That's what a friend of mine has said to me, "You are transformed". 

It's true.

Even my kids notice a difference in me. My youngest twin son said to me the other day, "Mom, you're different.  You're religious, not religious like Grandma, but religious."  Made me giggle when he said that. 

It's true.

And I don't mind being called religious.   I listen to Christian radio, watch Christian TV and read the word of God. I am still the same person, just have God in my life. And that doesn't mean that things are all cheerful and chipper, as a matter of fact I've noticed more trials since I found God than when I didn't have Him in my life.  The pastor said in one of his sermons, that followers of God will find that there will be more obstacles, but God will bring you through them. 

It's true.

I assure you I haven't lost my sense of humor.  I just felt the need to post a little more serious post than I usually do. I want you to understand where I stand when it comes to my faith. It isn't an easy road to walk on.  But I know I'm not alone anymore. When times get crazy, I pray. When I have something that bothers me, I pray. When I want to find answers, I pray.   When things get bad, I still praise God. I say thank you for the blessings I do have; healthy children, safe children, a roof over my head, a job, and a church that I love going to with some amazing people. 


I had a situation with my boys yesterday, and God was clearly watching over them.  Because my hearing isn't the greatest, yet I heard these kids across the parking lot talking about something going on and I heard as loud as day my oldest twin's name and my youngest twin's name. I bolted off the steps and walked across the lot in my bare feet no less, to where these kids were standing.  I heard one of the kids say, "There's his mom." 

There was a woman there talking to these children and my boys were accused of starting a disruption and throwing rocks at these four girls.  The woman eventually got to the bottom of the story and what happened was the youngest of the girls threw the first rock, and my boys had tossed sand at them to get them away. My son then lifted a boulder to scare them away because they wouldn't stop bothering my boys. Which all the girls eventually admitted, and all kids, including mine, admitted their faults in this incident. Turns out some woman in the community who has no business telling other people's kids what to do went and told this poor little six-year old girl to approach my boys and tell them to stop playing in the area they were in. So all of this started because of that woman. Who had no business telling that little girl to go over there in the first place.

I met a new neighbor, and we all left with answers and a sense of relief.

First words out of my mouth as we were walking back home was, "Praise God I was outside when I was."

So yeah, I'm a follower of God. I read my bible. I talk about God without shame. 

I enjoy the music too. I'm posting a video that I absolutely love the song, it makes me just want to get up and dance and you will find me in my car, when this song comes on, bopping around like I'm at a dance club.  

The song is called Shackles(Praise Him). Listen to it. Go ahead. It's very uplifting. The words will resonate with you I'm sure as well.

I double dog dare ya. Go ahead, listen to it. 

Quadruple dog dare.....*grins*

I have to get going. I'll fill you in on the rest of my week later. I have some funny things to share that the kids in my class have said and done.

You'll get a good giggle or two out of it.






 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb,
Glad you've found some happiness in your life.
Stay strong.
I'll listen to the song tomorrow, promise.
It's a bit close to midnight here, & I can't find my headphones.
Typical.

Take Care B,
Eb says Hi.

Barb said...

It's a good catchy song I promise. LOLL

I'm hanging in there day by day that's all I can do.

Nice to see ya around. Say hi to Eb for me. :)