Sunday, March 23, 2014

Relax....

I am listening to a song from a group called Clannad.  It's some type of mellow Celtic Music and it's absolutely beautiful. Kind of a nice way to wind down from my somewhat hectic day I had today.  I don't know if "hectic" is really the word I would use..."busy" is more appropriate I suppose.



I could fall asleep listening to this.  It's so relaxing. I closed my eyes and just released every negative stressful feeling in my body. 
 
Some people may take a bath and light some candles(raises hand), others might take a walk, or pray or sit in a quiet library to release stress.  
 
I personally like to meditate.
 
I find it just as refreshing as a bath with candles. Sometimes I will light candles when I meditate. Other times I just will sit wherever I am and take deep, cleansing breaths.
 
I sometimes have to do this at work as well. When I have to use the restroom and the day is very stressful or someone has upset me, I will be washing my hands and close my eyes and just take a breath.
 
That one breath can make a lot of difference in one's day.
 
Trust me.
 
I am trying to remain positive. I had this dark, ugly energy surrounding me earlier, a feeling actually more than an energy, and I think after cleansing my stones and closing my eyes and breathing I am feeling much, much more at ease.  I have some cream cheese on the counter and I am going to do some baking before I head to bed.
 
Relaxation.
 
The key to keeping it together even when days aren't challenging is in fact relaxation. It seems to make days better like an ice cream sundae on a hot summer day.
 
Meditation.
 
It's like the added cherry on top of an ice cream sundae.  Makes the day even more special. 


 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb,

First thing I thought was "Frankie Goes to Hollywood" but not so.

To Relax, Whale Song. Not with the music, I own a couple of those too. But just the Humpback Whales 'singing' or communicating really. Anyway it relaxes me.

Also Gregorian Chants. I don't understand Latin, kinda like listening to Ozzie Osborn talking. The Chants relax me, while Ozzie just confuses me.

Thanks for posting Barb.
Have a good week.

Ed