Monday, September 9, 2013

Clouds, Cows and Other Dream Things

New Age Comments & Graphics
I love this graphic.
Fits this post I believe. 
 
Found it on the magickalgraphics.com website in the new age/meditation category.
I love that site.


Well, it's a beautiful Monday morning so far. I woke up at 4:48 when my ex brought my kids over. He gets them after school on my weeks for me, so I take them to school for him because his shift starts well before the birds are up in the morning. 
It's a win, win situation for everyone except the poor kids who have to wake up early. They usually go right back to sleep anyway.
I have been having some really vivid dreams lately.
The one I had yesterday was kind of fun. I dreamed that I was going over this hill and going down it quickly in a car as my stomach was racing and lifting up in my throat,  like that feeling you get on a roller coaster ride when it's going down really fast and steep.  That's the feeling I got in this dream. Not sure what causes that feeling in dreams. I know when you are trying to run in a dream and you are stuck or going slow it usually means your feet are tangled up in the sheets.  
Or how about that feeling of being shocked? It's like an electrical charge running through your body. I've had those dreams before. I was hit by lightning in a dream once. It felt so real. Not that I've ever gotten hit by lightning, but I have gotten shocked by a popcorn popper back in the 80's at a job I had in a daycare center. 
 
Kind of a similar feeling I suppose.
 
I often wonder about dreams.
 
Are they just dreams, or messages from our subconscious minds, or messages from deceased loved ones or the Universe?
 
Or are they just manifestations of a very stressful day?
 
Hmm....
 
My oldest twin son was talking to me the other day about dreams. He told me that if I ever see him hitting himself while he is sleeping, to wake him up because he is having a bad dream and trying to wake up. I don't know how well that works for him, I've never seen him slap himself senseless while his REM phase of sleep is going on. 
 
I've had dreams about three moons in the sky and a hand coming down between them. I also had a dream about cows in the sky. Instead of clouds, there were cows.  Perhaps my brain got the two mixed up. They sound almost the same. I also had a dream one time that I was in a grotto at the church we attended when I was a child, and Mary(Jesus' Mother) floated out of the grotto and was chasing me out of the church.
 
That was creepy.
 
Never did like the feeling I got in a Catholic Church.  Always gave me the heebie jeebies. Maybe it's all those Omen movies or Exorcist movies I watched when I was younger. Who knows. All I know is churches give me the willies.
 
End of Days movie with Arnold (however you spell his last name) is a perfect example of the whole creepy church thing going on.
 
I have also had dreams where I've seen my grandmother; quite a few actually. Last dream I had she asked me to make her pancakes. 
 
So I did.
In real life.
I made some pancakes, and a cup of coffee and made a table setting for her at my dining room table.  I lit an angel candle and just talked to her like she was really there. Made me cry really bad, cause I miss her so much, and I knew that she wouldn't answer me(well, not in the physical sense anyway). Was hoping I'd see her in another dream telling me how tasty those pancakes were and how yummy the coffee was. 
 
But that never happened.
 
I fed those pancakes to the birds by the way after my "breakfast with grandma" was over. 
 
My daughter was giggling so hard in a dream she had. My youngest twin son did the same thing too once time. I wish they could remember what was so gosh darn funny in those dreams but most times they can't tell me what happened. They seem to only remember the dreams that scare the living crap out of them.
 
My ex use to talk in his sleep a lot. Of course some times the things he would say wouldn't be appropriate for young ears. And sometimes, just for shits and giggles, the kids and I would talk to him and he would say the most ridiculous things. We'd all be laughing and he'd be passed out cold, but answering us and never waking up really. 
 
I miss those days.
 
Don't miss the ex, just the fun times me and the kids had when I lived with him.  
 
I don't miss the house we lived in though. I'll blog about that another day.
 
That place had something in it...an otherworldly something in it. 
I wouldn't make this shit up either.
It really happened.
I'll dedicate a whole entire blog to the stories of that house.
 
You won't believe me, but I swear to you everything I will post is true.
 
Why would I lie to you all?
I don't want to sleep with you.
I don't want to date you.
So there you go.
 
Well, it's about that time.
Gotta run.

Have a magnificent Monday.
 
I'll be around later.
 
 
 
 “You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr. Seuss
 
 
 
 
Love this song!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

Dreams are funny things.

I would love to see my mom again just to tell her I love her.

My brother, to tell him he was my hero. That I am so sorry that I couldn't be there when he passed away.

Other then maybe getting to see family, I can't say dreams are very big for me. I have them. Barely remember them anymore.

When I was a kid I could recall my dreams in detail. Some were really funny, me doing stupid stuff.

Thank You for the "Cow" it helped me remember my nephew when he was just really getting good with words. Not sentences, just a word. He saw some cows on a road trip to see Grandma and pointed and said "Cow" in the cutest way. I feel in love that day and he's been my favorite nephew ever since.

Messin with the Ex, sounds like loads of fun.

Have a great week.
Ed

Man they make that password so hard to read. Or maybe it's my cataracts?

Barb said...

I have very vivid dreams as of late. I don't know why. I never use to be able to remember them. Perhaps the lack of drinking alcohol anymore has something to do with that.

No Ed, I think we need 3D glasses to get the full affect of the letters in that code. I wish there was an easier way for folks to post comments. I don't like all this computer generated stuff.