Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hanging In There....For Now

The week is just about over.

I'm so glad. 

I thought I'd never survive it, nor did my friend/coworker "D".  It has been one crazy ride this week at work let me tell you. Fun times and let me just say, that when I say say "fun times" that is sarcasm at it's finest. 

I've been smoke free now for four days. Three more days will make a week.  I just keep picturing myself thinner, healthier and happier. I look at myself in the mirror and think "Damn, underneath all those layers is one hot chick."

The layers I might add, are extra pounds not clothing.

But it's not like they will be there forever...at least I hope not. I hope my healthier outlook on life has some positive effects. 

So I went to the grocery store this evening.  I managed to get in and out of there with about three, maybe four days worth of food for...get this...$107.10 in 35 minutes.  Yeah, that's right! I got steaks, spaghetti o's, Pizzas, lunch meats, and snacks for lunches, fruit for lunches for me and the kids, ice tea, gravies, and potatoes and others odds and ends we need to get through the week until after payday next week.

As I was getting the last few items in my cart and was walking down the front of the main aisle to get to a register this old man, who I swear was about 70 something give or take a few years, was zipping in and out of aisles. He nearly clipped my cart with his cart as he barreled out of the side aisle into the main aisle. I tried to maneuver my cart a little quicker just to get away from him and headed to the chip aisle....swear to God that guy teleported himself and was in the potato chip aisle with me just as I turned around to get out of the aisle after I threw my snack size chips for the kids lunches in my cart. 

He scared the hell out of me.

Then it seemed like every time I turned around there that little old man was.

Creepy.

I got to the checkout line and got all my groceries paid for and as I walked to my car all I kept thinking was "Please don't let that crazy old man be on the road the same time I am."  Just as I unloaded the last bag and pushed my cart to the side(yeah, I didn't use the cart return shame on me) I see that old man darting towards his truck.

As I got in my car and turned the key though, something in my mind changed.

I had a different thought.

Not that this old man is crazy....but....

*maybe his wife is dying and she really wanted some chocolate ice cream; or some of those milano cookies or Pringle's chips. 

*maybe his daughter is sick or his granddaughter and he wants to be with them and bought some chicken soup with crackers to feel better.

* Maybe he had a movie he really wanted to watch and it came on around 8 and he missed the first five minutes.

and on a less serious note:

*maybe, just maybe he met a hot-looking 30-something year old at a bar last night and the viagara finally kicked in

*SHRUGS*

Well Grey's is on(and Vikings an hour later) and I just missed the first two minutes.  

Did I mention I turned the A/C on?  Did I also mention it was near 90 out today?

Hope all that snow melted back east.

I'll be back later....

Maybe.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi B,

AC is good for the soul.

The little old man just saw your inner hottie and just couldn't stay away.

4 days!
Think of the money you've saved already.
Keep going, you can do it.

Sorry your week sucked rocks.
Maybe it'll get better.

Me?
I had to resort to some "Shopping Therapy" to get through the week.

I hope this weekend is better for all concerned.

Hang in there Barb,
EB