Sunday, May 24, 2020

A Rather Toasty Sunday

I am sitting here on this somewhat humid desert Sunday evening listening to Robert Jefress teach on the television while drinking a French Vanilla coffee I made in my Keurig. I don't know what happened to my Keurig. I popped the K-Cup into the slot, closed it and hit the large cup button. I went outside to place my laptop and reading glasses onto the table and ran back in to find my Keurig off and nothing in the mug I put there. Perplexed I started the process over and as I lifted the little silver handle on top to open and reshut it, all this water came pouring out. Needless to say, after several attempts I finally managed to get my coffee.

I think I may have to move my blog to more viewable waters.  Seems blogger here is a thing of the past. I will still blog here, as this really is more of an online journal for my kids to read when the good Lord calls me home. Memories of mine and their lives which only one of my children has the keys to open should anything happen to me.

That's a hard decision to make. Who gets the keys to the inheritance kingdom??

Is it the oldest? Or the youngest? Is it the child who lives closest or furthest away?  My mother already shared with me who gets the keys to the kingdom.  I told her when the time comes for the good Lord to call them home,  I would just like the Fiber Optic Christmas tree and It's a Wonderful Life set, I wil pay my respects and be on my way.  I am not going to fight over money, property or any material items.  If they wanna hash it out in court amongst themselves let them.They may not fight at all, but you think the most sane of families will never fight about a will/trust/estate only to find some of them lashing it out in probate court. for months or even years at a time.

 I will have a memory of my many Christmases at home that I can pass on to my daughter and whatever sons are left speaking to me at my time. 

I am blessed to not have those keys to the Estate Kingdom.
That is stress that I am not that blessed to tackle thank you.

I just saw my neighbor. The one who had the angry meltdown the other day. Prayer works wonders,she said hello to me. We made small talk and she went on her merry way with her cats I now refer to as thing one and thing two.

Getting back to estates, I miss going to estate sales with  my daughter.  She and I had a blast at those things. She found a piano instruction book from the1950's. And a turtle sitting on the toilet reading a paper knick knack. We laughed at that for days. I found a whole set of 2 mugs, 2 biscuit/cookie plates and dinner plates with a Christmas scenery on them for $4. I didn't use them this year, but i will use them this year I suppose.

I hear the hummingbird in the tree out here. I love the mornings on my patio the most.

I can hear the doves cooing, the hummingbirds humming with the robins and the sparrows and wrens. It's a variety of aviary friends I have here in the mornings.  I am heading back to work this week, so excited to see everyone, but I am going to miss watching and listening and talking to my feathered friends here.

I hear the dove now.  She must know I am talking about her.  She says hello I suppose.

Devin Dawson is on the tv right now. I am listening to the country music on Youtube. I love this guy's music. My favorite is Dan and Shay.  I was so upset when this stupid covid garbage started and the whole country was shut down. Not only was the country shut down....but so were my chances of  my daughter and I seeing Dan and Shay in concert at T-Mobile arena this October. It was going to be an early sweet sixteen gift to my daughter(her birthday is a month after).

Well, I suppose I will go for now.

Need to start another blog elsewhere as well as maintain this one for the sake of my children.

Have a blessed week.

2 John 3: Beloved I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

(I saw this verse on someone's license plate...love it!)







No comments: