Saturday, October 5, 2019

All Things Randomly Written Here

I am happy to be back here.

It's been a while.

I am still waiting for my own internet, but for now it's when I have friends or opportunities at coffee shops to log on here.

It's been a week for me. It's been one heck of  a month.

Heck it's been one heck of a year for me.
Through it all, however, and by God's grace and strength, I am still standing.

I have managed to incur, in just one week a broken down car(thermostat gasket...pricey little bugger), the flu(or something like it), I smacked my head on the cabinet at work. I was washing paint brushes leaning over that preschool sized sink and when I stood up...forgot about those cabinets there above me....'SMACk!" went my head and I just wanted to go home at that point.

I broke my five-dollar reading glasses as I was talking to one of my student's parents at work. I spilled my coffee all over my kitchen counter on my way out the door to pick my kids up from their dad's and take them to school and me to work.  I had a 2 liter bottle of Coke explode on my counter and cabinet doors and floor.

Yay for the fun of  chaos to keep me on my toes and keep me awake throughout the day!


I have had much disappointment through the weeks and months here.

I have some things going on with my son and my grandbabies.  Things I cannot talk about right now, but I will say I have spoken to them on the phone and facetime and it's been a blessing despite the circumstances.

That is all I can share for now....until things are resolved regarding all of them.

But after many years I got to hear from all of them.

And it brought tears to my eyes to hear their precious voices and see their beautiful faces in photos and online.

God has been good regarding them and t heir welfare. Praise God for that.

My job is amazing.

I had a kid ask me on the playground if there was a baby in my belly, to which I replied, "Nope, I just like cake". *giggles*

I know I am a tad bit "fluffy " in the middle. I stress eat and with all the stress of late, I am surprised I am not 500 pounds. I will count my blessings here.

We have a Christmas program coming up soon. We have started to practice for that. I am so excited to be a part of that. It's fun. They make me cry every stinkin' year. No kidding.
Every spring program I need half a case of tissues for my nose an icepacks for my eyeballs they are swollen so badly from crying.

Hmmm.....cops are on the premises....this is a fairly nice neighborhood I live in now. I feel like
 a roving reporter with the latest news feed.

Not much of a reporter though.

Not sure what happened. I saw 2 squads on our way down here(my daughter and I) and the motor was running on one squad with no cop in the car and she says "why would they leave it running?"
I said "someone would be dumb to steal a squad" and she said "It's still dumb to leave it running".

I digress.

Your thoughts?

I really like the apartment. Been here a year and one month now.  Signed a 13 month lease I love it here so much.  It's quiet, the neighbors are absolutely the nicest.  If you stroll back to past posts say, oh, 18 months to 2 years ago from my previous residence, with the rats and roaches and the loud music and the smell of weed permeating 24/7 and cops and ICE outside in the neighborhood, this is definitely  Beverly Hills by far. (*giggles to self) Maybe not Beverly Hills but a lot nicer and homier than the last place I resided for 6 lonnnnnnng, intense years of mine and my kids lives.

Speaking of my kids lives, my boys are now sophomores and my daughter a freshman.

Where the heck did the time go?

My boys are on the varsity football team and yes, they DO play.
They are pretty darn good. The team is awesome too.

My daughter is she is proud to be a Science and Math geek. She wears that label loud and proud. She is reading some book by a guy named Bill Bryson. I think that's his  name.

My 19 year old is still obsessed with tornadoes and roller coasters. I love that kid. I enjoy our phone conversations a lot. He cracks me up.

My 20 year old is in a band. He plays drums. He is pretty good. The band is good too, but I love watching him on video playing those drums.

My 24 year old is really doing well with his music. He raps. I am not a fan of rap, but his is amazing. I had friends and coworkers listen and they all agree, he's got a gift.

And lastly, my 27 year old, I pray for him the most out of all my kids and grandkids.  He is such a blessing but right now is finding his way home.  I have faith and know that one day, he will be a God story and will share his life with someone to help them too.

All of us have had a mess we can turn into a message.  Some messes are bigger some are smaller, but not one soul on this earth is exempt from messes.
Period.

So that's it for now.

Hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.

It's my therapy.

Oh and I'm writing a book.

I'll keep you posted.  I'm not a famous blogger but I hope to be semi-famous as a book author some day.

Have a great day!!!

Psalm 41:10


No comments: