Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Last Hurrah...for now anyway

Good Morning.

This will probably be my last blog post for a while.

I'm disconnecting my internet today. It bums me out but for what they are charging me I could make a car payment on a new car.

Seriously.

My life is okay for the moment. I'm hanging in there.  Just trying to get my funds in order so I can move out of this place by the new year. 

I like my new job. It's a lot of fun for the most part. One little girl told me yesterday, "You're beautiful Miss Barb". She made me smile.  I told her, "You are beautiful too sweetie." She made my day.  The things these kids say make me laugh sometimes too. One little boy told me, "My mommy got a ticket from the police man." I said, "Oh? Was she speeding?" He says, "No, she was putting on lipstick." ha ha ha!!!  I couldn't help but laugh. 

Another girl told me a joke the first day of school. She said, "Knock knock," I said, "Who's there?" She says with the best presentation ever, "Wouldn't you like to know."  

A comedian in the making I tell you that one is.

I am working with a pretty cool woman. She's younger than me, but we get along pretty good. I'm just trying to get our mojo or whatever you want to call it, in sync.  We'll get there. It takes time to make a good work relationship. It's only been five weeks.

I hope you have an amazing week, month, year.  Not sure how long I will be gone from here. I guess it all depends on whether or not I can find an internet service provider that is within my price range.

It was a fun journey...blogging here.

At least my children will have something to read some day when they are older. Provided google's site doesn't crash ever. 

I remember one time I had written on a website for writers, and the admin of the site accidentally deleted EVERYONE'S blog posts and stories and everything they wrote. I had sent the link to one of my stories to a relative of mine and she wrote back, "It's not there." I was puzzled and when I went to check, all my work was gone and there was an email from the site owner apologizing for what he had done. 

Made me sick.

I left the site.

Such is life.

Well, time for me to fly(love that REO song). Hope to be back soon, if not take care everyone who passes by. I wish you all well, especially my online buddy Ed and Eb. 

Until Next Time......

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb,

Sorry for myself, I won't get my random smile from your Blog.

But I'll go back and read your old posts from time to time.

Watched the newest Godzilla, love my big G.

Eb's crying and can't talk right now. So I'll say goodbye for both of us. Hurry back, we miss you already.

Take care Barb,

Eb says Goodbye, I think that's what he said. Hard to tell over the sobbing.

No I'm not crying. I have something in my eye.

Until we meet again.
"Play it again Sam."